Update on Carmeng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Carmeng

Carm asked that I post an update. It is now 10 days post-op and she is being released to rehab today. It was about a week before she could stand and yesterday she walked about 30 ft round trip with a walker. She had problems with nausea and eating and, of course, there is pain being controlled with percoset. We think that she'll be in rehab for 5 days. She is very much looking forward to getting out of the hospital, which is a very good sign. John

Thanks for the update John. I think you'll both find that rehab is a much cheerier place than a hospital, and she'll most likely make great strides there. I know I did.
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Chris, I hope so. This has been very hard on her and she is trying her best to soldier through it. The kind words from you and other forum members means alot to her. thanks

Comment

I agree with Chris, I think she'll like rehab- you have your own set of "cheerleaders" there to encourage you to independence. And they understand the need for pain meds and muscle relaxers before you got to PT , because you can't work if you hurt. Give her a hug for us, and tell her it WILL get better. Lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Update on Carmeng

John, I haven't had my surgery yet, but tell Carmen she is in my thoughts and prayers. So glad she is getting better. Especially if she is eating now she should progress faster. At least that is my viewpoint.
          Susan

Anterior/Posterior scheduled 10-15-07
          and 10-17-07

T-10 to S-1
          Susan, Age 60, getting accustomed to my new back!
          A/P Surgery Oct. 15 and 22, 2007
          Spinal fusion T10 -S1 with Segmental instrumentation
          Thorocolumbar pre-op curve 63 degrees: post-op curve less than 10 degrees per Dr. at 6-month appt.
          Dr. Robert A. Hart @ Oregon Health & Science University, (OHSU) Spine Center, Portland, OR

Comment

JNC-thks for the update. She will be way better in the rehab. It felt so good to see my children(boys) & husband after 10 days at HSS! & then it's even way better when you are finally home, of course! Pain will lessen as she goes week to week ...Ly

Comment

Working...
            X