Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Group - Cincinnati Area

Hello!

I am a mom of a 13 (almost) year old with Idiopathic Scoliosis who was diagnosed at the beginning of the year. She has an "S" curve (40 T and 35 L) and she is in the Spinecor brace.

I had no idea how much this would affect my daughter and our family emotionally. I have searched for a support group in the Cincinnati area and have not had any luck. I would love to start a group in this area and was wondering if there was anyone in the area that would be interested in a support group for both the parents and the kids.

If anyone is interested, I would love to hear from you~
    Stephanie ~ mom to Ali soon to be 13
    Diagnosed 12/06
    Boston Brace - 3/07 ~ SpineCor Brace - 6/07
    Curves ~ 40 T/30 L

The Scoliosis Association has 2 chapters set up in Ohio. One is located in the Greater Cincinnati area, and the other is in Northern Ohio. The website with the locations and contact information can be found here: http://www.scoliosis-assoc.org/defau...ec_status=main . Hope this is a good starting place for you. Also, if this is not close enough to where you are located, they have a link to start your own chapter.

Comment

Thanks for the link! I will check into a chapter in the Cincinnati area.
      Stephanie ~ mom to Ali soon to be 13
      Diagnosed 12/06
      Boston Brace - 3/07 ~ SpineCor Brace - 6/07
      Curves ~ 40 T/30 L

Comment

Has your daughter logged on to spinekids.com?
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
        X