Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had Surgery July 10 '07

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and am excited that I found one that would allow me to speak about my surgery. I am 18 years old from Phoenix, AZ and recently just had surgery. I had a lower lumbar curve at 48 degrees which had my surgery through the left side of my body not from the back. This surgery is not very common and was done a bit differently. I was very athletic and things changed drastically after surgery. It has now been 9 weeks and I am still in pain. I can answer any questions ANYONE may have. I remember ever day of surgery like it was my last. I also was lucky enough to have my surgeon take pictures of my operation, so if that interests you just let me know. It was a lot worst than I and my family expected and I want to share my story or answer and questions you may have. I am now attending Arizona State University and trying to get use to the changes my body has endured. Please feel free to talk.

Thanks

Nicole

Welcome

Hi Nicole. I'd love to know how long it took you to be able to go back to class. I'm a graduate student, and will need to return to classes (and writing my thesis) following surgery. I'm concerned about what my stamina will be for thesis writing, and how comfortable I'll be sitting in class.

Thanks, and hope you're feeling well!
    Talia
    2000 34*L/39*T
    2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
    (initially planned T4-L1)
    12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Hi Nicole,
      I'm sorry to hear that you are still in pain 9 weeks post op. Are you still taking pain meds and if so, what does your dr. have to say about you still being in pain? My 17 year old son is scheduled to have spinal fusion surgery and I am trying to get as much information about the surgery as I can. Were you satisfied with the correction? Are you in constant pain or only when you do certain things? Any info you are willing to share about the surgery would be really appreciated. I just found this forum about 2 weeks ago when we found out my son needed surgery (his curves are 46 and 54) and I am so grateful that I did. There's a wealth of information on here and it's comforting to know that there are people out there that are dealing with the same things.

Take care,
      Lori
      Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
      Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
      Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Working...
      X