Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Brace Pads

Hi,

I have been through 2 Boston Braces in the past 2 months or so (they both failed to give any correction) and now I have a Boston Brace with what the ortho calls "dynamic padding." Basically it has the normal 3 straps on the back, but then it has 2 straps on the front that are similar to those on a ski boot that are used to make the boot tighter. The ski boot buckles are used to make the pads tighter to my body in order to get better correction. The in-brace xray shows excellent correction with this thing, but it hurts me like crazy. The pain is far worse than my other 2 braces and I can't wear it for more than 3 hours or so at a time because it hurts so badly. If anyone has had any experience with these "dynamic pads", advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

*Allie

My name is Allie
    I'm in the ninth grade and I'm 14 years old
    Curves are 45 and 44
    I see Dr. Horton at the Emory Spine Clinic
    I tried 3 different Boston braces prior to the decision to have surgery
    Surgery is scheduled for December 27, 2007 at Egleston
    I'll be fused from T4 to L3

getting a little discouraged... no replies... has nobody ever heard of these things?

My name is Allie
    Curves are 45 and 44

Comment

Just so you know someone read your post ......... no I have not heard of this. How big are your curves?
      Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Thanks for reading. My curves are at 44 and 40. What painkiller do you normally use to help brace pain? Ibuprofen has stopped working for me.

My name is Allie
        Curves are 45 and 44

Comment

Allie:

I would not know what stronger pain killers to recommend - it isn't good to take too many either - maybe your doctor can give you something else. Can you get the brace adjusted again if it is hurting that much? It seems unfair that you have to be in so much pain.
          Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

brace pads

Allie,

I also read your post, but have not heard of dynamic brace pads. Good luck.

Ann R.
            Mother to 14 year old daughter
            Diagnosed with infantile scoliosis at 6 months (54 degree left thoracic)
            Boston Brace for 5 years.
            Montreal to see Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard 7/04 to 1/08(spinecor brace and 3 casts)
            surgery with Dr. Clements Oct. 2008 (8 staples and a hybrid rod)
            3 lengthenings with Dr. Samdani
            Scheduled for fusion with Dr. Samdani

Comment

i have a boston with 38 and 37 curves.

so ours are not that far.

but i never - ever heard of this.

sorry. =/
              i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

I talked to the nurse and asked her about Aleve and she said that would be fine as long as I don't exceed the limits on the bottle. This morning my mom scheduled a Monday morning appointment for adjustments so hopefully it will solve the problem. I will be praying for Esme and your daughter, Ann. Ann, does she have to have surgery? Heather, how long do you have to wear your brace? I'll pray for you too.

*Allie

My name is Allie
                Curves are 45 and 44

Comment

Working...
                X