Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five weeks post-op

Just a quick post at five weeks -

I'm working 6 hours a day, which feels like it may be my limit for awhile. When I leave work, I'm able run some errands, but then am very ready to return home and lie down for awhile or take a walk.

My pain level is similar to one week ago; pretty achy in my shoulder blade area. But, today when laying down at work, I had a few minutes of absolutely NO pain, reminiscent of good pre-op days! It was so great, and I reveled in it.

On a personal note, I just started my period. I know that's come up in other posts, so I thought I should mention it. I was really hoping for a reprieve for a few months but I guess this means my system is trying to get back up and running.

My favorite news is that I slept for 5 hours straight last night! Yeah!!! I have quite a sleeping area rigged up - a firm mattress borrowed from my grandparents, on top of which is a 2" memory foam, then a wedge pillow, and two other pillows - one under my butt and lower back and one under my legs. That configuration came after nights and nights of experimentation
    31 year old female
    55* (day of surgery) thoracic curve w/compensatory lumbar
    T4-T12 on Aug 15, 2007

MRI, pre-surgery
    Xray, 3 mos. post-op
    Machu Picchu, 8 mos. post-op

I am happy to hear you're doing so well in your recovery. Keep it up.

Sue

Comment

Hello Geo- I don't know how you can work so long so soon!! I am very happy with your recovery! keep it up, but be careful....Lisa
      Lisa age 47
      T curve 69 degrees
      L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
      fused to from T-3 to sacrum
      anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
      pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Geo - I smiled as I read your post- yay you! Now... just exactly how did you get such a great recover (because that's what I need to do!).

My doctor keeps emphasizing that the surgery should be successful for "someone like me who is young, and health in mind and body." Do you feel like age makes a difference?
        2000 34*L/39*T
        2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
        (initially planned T4-L1)
        12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Geo,

Ever since I joined this forum you have amazed me. I think it is incredible that you were able to get back into the real world so soon after surgery. Has it helped you emotionally? As others have said, make sure you listen to your body and don't push too hard. Keep on fighting.

-Christine
          Surgery completed July, 2007
          Fused from T4-T12
          23years old

Comment

Hi Geo,

Your are amazing, and such a great inspiration to anyone thinking about have this surgery!!!

All My best,
            Shari

Comment

Working...
            X