Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Update on Mish...

Hi all,
    I & Cathie have just received an email from Michelle's sister that all went well. Mish is doing as well as one can expect on the day after this kind of big surgery. I will keep you posted,
    Lynne

Thanks Lynne. Let her know I've been thinking of her. I know these are TOUGH times at the moment and I wish I (along with the rest of us post-ops) can assure her that it will get better.

Best,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

glad to hear it

Dear Lynne - I had just gone on my computer with the intent of asking if anyone knew how Mish was doing. I'm going for surgery at HSS with Dr. Boachie on this coming Tuesday. Today, all day I have pre-ad testing and 3 other doctor appts, all at HSS. I'm still pretty calm, with just a tiny touch of anxiety at this point. Anyway, glad to hear Mish is doing as well as can be expected....she and I spoke of passing in the hallway (but by the time I get to my in-patient room, I hope she'll be home, comfortable, and recouperating nicely. Carmen

Comment

Thanks Lynne -- keep us posted -- let us know when you find out what kind of correction Boachie was able to get.
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Thanks for letting us know- I am anxious to hear the details ,too! Lisa
          Lisa age 47
          T curve 69 degrees
          L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
          fused to from T-3 to sacrum
          anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
          pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Hi Lynne,

I also want to thank you for the update on Mish. But I also have to express my admiration for your caring heart that extends out to all of us here!!!

Thank you from my heart,
            Shari

Comment

Lynne,

Your are such an angel for taking the time to do all the things that you do - in my book, you are the go-to person.

Any more news about Michelle?

Carmen is scheduled for surgery tomorrow, with Dr. B.

I'm beginning to feel like a domino, lined up with so many others in front of Dr. B's office!

Best,
              Janet
              As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Working...
              X