Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anterior surgery was canceled

Hello my friends,

Surgery is scheduled for the 15th of october still. My dr. called me today and said that we only needed to do one surgery, and that would be the posterior surgery only. He told me that he would explain to me why this decision was made at my next appointment with him, which is next Wednesday. He said it was good news. I believe that only having the posterior surgery would be a faster recovery. Do you know? And can someone let me know what the difference is after surgery compared to having both surgeries done. I do feel pretty excited about that decision!!!
    A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
    T2 to Sacrum
    Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
    Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
    Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
    Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
    Now, 59 yrs young :-)

That is good news, one surgery is bad enough. I read that the anterior surgery is a longer recovery and more painful. I had posterior surgery in Feb 2007 and it was rough. Best of luck.

Sue

Comment

Hello Debbie-

I would not know about the difference because I had two surgeries, BUT, to be honest, I had no trouble with the abdominal surgery at all. The posterior incision was pretty painful, as I was laying on it most of the time. I am glad you are able to only have one surgery! Will you post and tell us the details after your doctor appt? take care-- Lisa
      Lisa age 47
      T curve 69 degrees
      L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
      fused to from T-3 to sacrum
      anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
      pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Hi Debbie,

It's is good news that you only have to have the one surgery!!! I wish I would have been able to get by with just the one.

I have been speaking with a woman the same age as I, and she had the posterior surgery, she is doing wonderful. She told me that the medical staff had told her that the patients that have both the ant / post have a tougher time with recovery. Having had both, I completely understand.

I had to have both, but I certainly wish I would of been able to get by with just the one!!!

Best wishes,
        Shari

Comment

I, too, had both surgeries and have to say I barely noticed the abdominal one. It would have, however, cut off 3 days stay in the hospital. Now nearly 6 months after surgery, the area is still a little tender, but it's never given me any real discomfort.
          Cathy, age 60
          A/P fusion surgeries April 2007,
          T2-sacrum
          Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai, L.A.
          T correction 45 - 24 degrees
          L correction 66 - 46 degrees

Comment

Working...
          X