I may have surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have surgery

Hi every one I may have surgery done next year. I very scared.
    Kara
    Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
    Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
    T4-L2
    Before 50T
    After 20T

My 13 year old had her surgery August 1st and is doing well. She was nervous, and doesn't handle pain, but did very well. It is certainly natural you would be scared, but you will have alot of support. This and the spinekids forum will have others to help relate and give sound advice. Ask all your questions, and express any concerns. Everyone will be supportive. You certainly are not alone, and definitely have all of us rooting for you.
    Shirley
    Mom to Amanda, 18, Scoliosis T58, previous Spinecor bracing for 9 months before diagnosed with Chiari I CM, and Syringomyelia (Syrinx) SM. CM/SM decompression surgery 12/4/06, Spinal fusion surgery with titanium rods and hardware and full correction 8/1/07 at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

Also mom to Megan, 14, with diagnosis PDD-NOS on the autism spectrum

Comment

Hi Kara,

I had spinal fusion surgery last May. Besides some medication complications everything went well. I have a wonderful family that supported me, as well as friends from church and school. It is tough when you're in the middle of the recovery but know being on the other side of it is really nice. If you have surgery you will probably be glad in the long run that you did. Just be sure to ask LOTS of questions.

I hope all goes well!
      Megan
      17 years old
      Surgery May 22nd 2007
      John 3:16

Comment

Don't worry, it isn't as scary as it sounds. I had my surgery in May and the worst parts were being stuck in bed for a week and being away from all my friends and family. There wasn't much pain apart from my chest drain. And the morphine works wonders with that. Try not to worry about it and just think what you'll get out of it. Stay positive!!
        Katie
        Had spinal fusion in May, hopefully getting brace off in November!

Comment

Working...
        X