Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery on Tuesday, 9/18

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on here, but wanted to make my final post before I head off to NYC. I will be leaving some time Monday afternoon. I have a lot to do the next two days to prepare. Had my pre-admission stuff on Friday. That's when it really made everything a reality! Having my final surgical consultation with Dr. Boachie and his associate Dr. Cunningham really made me feel comfortable and assured me that I definitely chose the right doctor!

Make no mistake....I'm still nervous as heck!! I'll have to give up a lot of control which will be difficult for me. I guess I'm the most nervous about afterwards.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on here. You have been such an inspiration, support, and a wealth of information that helped me in making this very difficult decision. You are all so great!

Lynne and Cathie -- You are on my email list and my sister will be contacting you to let you know how I made out.

Talk to you all soon!
    Michelle
    MishP
    38 y/o
    Diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 6 - Bracing didn't help
    Brace off at age 12
    Saw Chiropractor/massage therapist
    Pre-op
    Upper Curve - 115 degrees
    Lower Curve - 85 degrees
    9/18/07 Anterior/posterior surgery w/Dr. Boachie-Adjei
    Fused T2-L3
    Not sure of post-op correction

Hi Michelle,

You already know you're not alone in this battle. We will all be here for you. I know Lynne and Cathie will keep us posted on your progress.

You will be in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a quick recovery!!!

All my best,
    Shari

Comment

Good luck, Michelle!!! You are in the best of hands. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Best wishes,
      Chris
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Best wishes! We'll all be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how you're progressing. You can do it!

Best,
        Anya
        "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
        Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
        19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Michelle,

Wanted to wish you well, before, during, and after your surgery. You will be in my thoughts.

-Christine
          Surgery completed July, 2007
          Fused from T4-T12
          23years old

Comment

Good Luck!!!

I know you're getting anxious, but you will do great! God Bless and we'll all be waiting to hear about you...Lisa
            Lisa age 47
            T curve 69 degrees
            L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
            fused to from T-3 to sacrum
            anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
            pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

You will be in my thoughts, all the best for a smooth recovery, Lynne

Comment

Michelle,

Wishing you the very best during and after surgery. You are in excellent hands. I'll be checking in for updates on your progress.

Although you will be giving up control as you recover, please allow yourself to be tended to and pampered as much as possible.

I'll be sending positive thoughts your way on Tuesday.

Janet
                As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Michelle,

In some ways, not wanting to give up control may help you in recovery. It's nice to be pampered in the days following surgery, but the more determined you are to do the things that you are able to yourself, the sooner things will return to "normal"! Of course, you know not to push it, but I think it's OK to do what you can to regain your independence as soon as you can - it will help you so much, mentally and physically.

Best wishes to you in all of this!
                  31 year old female
                  55* (day of surgery) thoracic curve w/compensatory lumbar
                  T4-T12 on Aug 15, 2007

MRI, pre-surgery
                  Xray, 3 mos. post-op
                  Machu Picchu, 8 mos. post-op

Comment

I have faith...just knowing your in great hands does help in comforting you. You... as with all who have gone through this surgery will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hoping for a smooth and quick recovery
                    A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
                    T2 to Sacrum
                    Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
                    Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
                    Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
                    Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
                    Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X