PDA

View Full Version : Hi There!

outdoorgirl
09-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello, i am new here. My name is emily, i am 12 almost 13 and in the 8th grade. I have had my brace for almost a year, and it has been okay, but some days it has been pretty tough. I am in an outdoor school this year, and i find it hard to bike in my brace, and we are biking almost everyday. It is really inconvienent to take it on and off all the time, so any tips would be appreciated!
Thanks!
PS~ some of you may know me from SpineKids!
em

~Scoli*chick~
09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
hey emily!!!! where is the welcoming service??? people arnt good at welcomng people here so i will welcom you. WELCOME~shayla lol :cool:

scoliosisat12
09-14-2007, 05:30 PM
yo i have no tips for biking-srry but i say welcome and i agree with shala WHERE IS THE WELCOMING COMITY?
JO

outdoorgirl
09-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey girls, no worry about the welcoming. Thank you guys though!

chic xx chic
09-14-2007, 08:10 PM
outdoor school!?

whoah. totally awsome.

~ScoliosisGirl~
09-14-2007, 09:18 PM
out all day?? wohhh.. lol
check out my site and its forum!!!- www.myscoliosisstory.com!!

outdoorgirl
09-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, the outdoor school is really fun! Thanks for the welcoming girls :D

rtremb
09-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Hi Outdoor Girl:

Welcome to the forum - I am pretty new here too - just a couple of weeks.
What kind of brace do you wear?

Ruth, Ottawa, Canada

outdoorgirl
09-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Ruth!
I wear a Boston Brace, and i am also from Canada! Thanks for the welcoming :)

rtremb
09-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Outdoor Girl:

Have you heard of the Spinecor brace invented in Montreal, Quebec? Depending on what your curves are you might be able to wear this brace - it can be worn during exercise like cycling. It is a soft, dynamic brace designed to keep the back muscles strong. From what I have been reading it works best with the smaller curves.

If you haven't heard of this brace and want a link to the website just let me know.

Ruth

outdoorgirl
09-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks Ruth

My parents and i have been looking at the spinecor brace for a long time. When i asked my doctor about it, she said that my curves were to big for it (my curves are 27 and 25) and that it would not help my back:(

rtremb
09-17-2007, 01:40 AM
That's too bad because the Spinecor would have been easier with the bike riding and other energetic activities.

If you are interested you could always check with Dr. Rivard in Montreal. He invented the Spinecor brace. He answers emails and telephone calls himself usually the same day.

This is his email address: chrivard@gmail.com

Ruth

CurvySAT05
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I would check with the doctors in Montreal because a lot of times the regular scoli doctors do not know a lot about the spinecor brace. They usually like to prescribe the hard braces rather than the spinecor just becuase they have used it more and are more comfortable with them. It wouldnt hurt to call Dr. Rivard or Colliard to find out if you would be a potential candidate for bracing.