Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you get angry?

Today I saw my surgeon,
    because the pain I was having from my horsebacking escapade was hitting the pain scale to 10//...so I had all types of xrays and everything looked normal except for the pain...
    anyway I had maybe 8 questions which he answered nicely..as I was leaving I glanced at my file and I noticed his notes from the last time I was there and it said'

{ saw this patient today who had a zillion questions,...}
    would you take this as a negitive notation? I told the nurse I thought it was...she wanted me to speak to the doctor by I chicked out, didn't want to start any problems before surgery

She continued to reassure me but I still feel funny about this...I told the story to my childs pedi(my kids had well appoinments today_and she said not at all.....what 's your opinion
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Hi Connie.

I get on the site here and read thru threads at different times to at least feel a communal connectedness with others who struggle with the same issues, fears, and decisions. I'm having surgery on 7-22 and 7-29 and I think yours is coming up soon (?) (can't remember the date).
    Here's my opinion to your concern...... unless there's other factors which are making you feel uneasy with your doctor/patient relationship, perhaps you might interpret this one written statement as a type of shorthand.... written instead of "Patient had many questions perhaps reflecting pre-surgical anxieties and should be allowed extra time at follow-up appt's". You say he answered them all "nicely"....and THAT is a HUGE positive!!! The old "Actions speak louder than words"(even written ones)..... Plus.... he's a surgeon.... a doer rather than a talker maybe?..... Just offering you an alternative interpretation to consider Connie. And if it's still bothering you then I hope you do bring it up at your next appt..... give him a chance to explain....

Geneen

Comment

Hi Geneen,
      Thanks for your reply....Yes my emotion are bouncing on and off....I had many questions for the doctor but not a zillion LOL...so I'll leave it at that and not go crazy over this....I take pride that I'm so through and covered every issue at hand. My surgery is in 3 weeks, good lucj with yours and if you have any question about recovery just email me
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism