Looking for a NJ - NY GOOD DR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a NJ - NY GOOD DR.

Looking for a good scoliosis doctor in the NJ/NY area. Friend is 21 and needs help bad. Back curve is bad and now the spine is twisting. He has been to a bunch of "quacks" already, and is disgusted, but in alot of pain. I had my scoliosis surgery in 1976 by Dr. Keim who is retired/dead. I don't know who took over his patients because I never returned after he retired. NJ doctor would be preferable, but will travel to NY or tri-state vicinity for a good doctor. Any help out there?
    DJP
    New Jersey
    Harrington Rod Surgery 1976
    Dr. Keim NYC
    Fused from ? to L5

I had scoliosis surgery for double curve 7 months ago tomorrow. Dr. Errico was my surgeon at NYU -Joint Diease. Dr. Errico is in charge of spine surgery and I was told by many people he is one of the best. I have also heard about Dr. Boachie-Adjei from Hospital of Special Surgery, New York, only bad thing about him is that he is not in any medical insurance plan.

Sue

Comment

Dr. Boachie in New York is famous for his work as a surgeon- he did my surgery last December. He is one of the best in the world. Hope this helps-
      Cathie

Comment

I can also vouch for Dr. Boachie's work. Even though I have had a complication or two, my correction is excellent. My primary care doctor and my physical therapist both raved about how good my back looked.
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

If i lived in the NY area, i'd go for Dr. Boachie

Comment

I live in NJ and do not know of a scoliosis surgeon I would recommend. Dr. Thomas Errico has an office in Summit, NJ as well a New York City. He only operates at NYU(New York).
            I believe he took over Keim's practice. I've only heard great things about him.
            Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
            Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

I can also recommend Dr. Jean-Pierre Farcy in New York City. He operates at NYU/Hospital for Joint Deseases.

Nora
              T-6 - L-4 Zeilke-CD (Anterior - Posterior) procedure in 1988 at age 39. Dr Jean Pierre Farcy New York City. 50% correction of severe levoscoliosis. Continuing to do very well 20 years post-op!

Comment

Dr. Boachie is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by DJP
                  Looking for a good scoliosis doctor in the NJ/NY area. Friend is 21 and needs help bad. Back curve is bad and now the spine is twisting. He has been to a bunch of "quacks" already, and is disgusted, but in alot of pain. I had my scoliosis surgery in 1976 by Dr. Keim who is retired/dead. I don't know who took over his patients because I never returned after he retired. NJ doctor would be preferable, but will travel to NY or tri-state vicinity for a good doctor. Any help out there?

Drs. Thomas Errico and Joseph Dryer took over Dr. Keim's practice. I think they keep Dr. Keim's pt. charts at NYU

Their NJ office is in Millburn
                  30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
                  2005 - T50, L31
                  bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
                  2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
                  Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Dr. Keim's Patients Charts

Yes they do have access to Dr. Keim's charts. When I saw Dr. Errico in 1999, he was able to get my charts and I had my surgery in 1981. A friend of mine had revision surgery by Dr. Errico in the late 90's and she is doing great. She was extremely pleased with her outcome.
                    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
                    2000 Partial Rod Removal
                    2001 Right Scapular Resection
                    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
                    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Working...
                    X