Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailbone pain post-op?

Hi everyone,

I know that we all have weird pains post-op, but I feel the need to ask if anyone else has experienced bad tailbone pain post-op? I've had this pain for over a month now and it hurts to sit down, and it hurts especially when I get up from sitting (to the point where it is the worst pain I am currently experiencing). Is this odd or normal? My fusion went down to L3 and I am 3 months post-op.

Thanks for any input,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Hi Anya...

I don't think it's normal. I had one friend who complained of tail bone pain after her 2nd scoliosis surgery. It never got better, and she finally had additional surgery just a few months ago.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I was sore on the tail bone also, I had to go for medical procedure and the doctor told me that I was developing a pressure sore. Ask someone to look for you to see if there is any redness or mark on your tail bone. From losing so much weight there was no cushion for my tail bone. It was sore while sitting and lying down. I sat on pillows and in bed I brought a mattress pad (like the egg carton shape) and it helped. I hope you feel better soon.

Sue

Comment

My daughter is fused to T3 also. She sometimes has pain in her tailbone. She said it goes away after awhile.
        T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
        2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
        3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
        Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Sue brings up a very important point about weight loss. If that's happened to you that could be part of the problem.

I lost so much weight after my surgery that I had to sit on pillows because it was like sitting on skin and bones.

But you do need to address this with your doctor as soon as possible!!!

Shari

Comment

Yes, I am going to my surgeon for my second check-up appointment a next week. I will definitely be bringing this up. I've been ignoring it thinking it was just another surgery pain, so we'll see.

Thanks,
            Anya
            "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
            Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
            19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X