surgery scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery scheduled

My hardware removal surgery is now scheduled on Sept. 11 (hope that's not a bad omen). Please remember me.

JoAnn

Sorry you have to do this JoAnn, but it sounds like this surgery will be nowhere near as hard as the original one. Best of luck to you !!
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Joann,
      I wish you all the best. It sounds like you'll be up & around pretty fast after this. I will be thinking of you, Lynne

Comment

Best wishes-

JoAnn,

I'll be waiting to hear how you do, I am sure you will do well!!! God Bless! Lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Partial Rod Removal

JoAnn, I had the top of my rod removed and it is nothing like the original surgery. A much, much easier recovery - you can't compare it. I was only in the hospital two days and that's because I was so nauseous, they kept me one more day. Good luck, Lynn
          Last edited by Jacque's Mom; 08-29-2007, 04:28 PM.
          1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
          2000 Partial Rod Removal
          2001 Right Scapular Resection
          12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
          06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Joann,

I wanted to wish you luck for your upcoming surgery. You will be in my thoughts. I hope that everything goes well and you find yourself recovering quickly.
            Surgery completed July, 2007
            Fused from T4-T12
            23years old

Comment

Thank you all so much for your responses and encouraging words. I'll remember them and you while i'm in the hospital and recovering at home!! I'll let you know as soon as i can how it went!
              (((hugs))) JoAnn

Comment

Good Luck JoAnn,

I wish you nothing but the best outcome from this surgery. Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers, And please keep us updated on your recovery.

I have to admit that I am very curious about exactly what they are going to do to you, and then afterwards, the benefits from it!!!

Shari

Comment

Good Luck!

JoAnn,
                  Best of luck to you next week for a successful outcome and for a recovery that is progressive and as painfree as possible.
                  Linda W.
                  Linda
                  Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
                  S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
                  Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
                  Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

Thank you all so much for the good thoughts.... I am really getting jittery about this. I'm leaving tomorrow morning to have the pre-op consult with my surgeon and pre-admission tests. Surgery is first thing Tuesday morning... Sure wish i could fast-forward to this time next week!

I'll let you know as soon as i can how things went!

(((hugs)))
                    JoAnn

Comment

Wish you a quick recovery. It's not easy to go through a complex surgery at your age. I admire your courage.

Comment

Working...
                      X