Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months Post op

Hey Everyone...

Just wanted to say im 12 weeks post op today and im starting to feel back to normal. Still a little stiff but everyday is different.
    I starting to get new pains but im not sure if its my nerves waking up or what!!!! It's like sharp pulling pain, and now and then my right thigh hurts.

Does this sound right???

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

That's what I use to say to my husband - I was trading one pain for another. Once one pain was gone something else would hurt. You start to do more as you feel better and muscles that haven't been used for while start to hurt. As long as the pain doesn't become unbearable I wouldn't worry.

Sue

Comment

I've wondered the same thing..

Sometimes i get worried that I have overdone something, and pulled a screw loose! But it passes.... Good Job at the 12 week mark, Lee. Glad you're feeling more normal! Lisa
      Lisa age 47
      T curve 69 degrees
      L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
      fused to from T-3 to sacrum
      anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
      pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

12 week last week

lee

I am also just over 12 weeks and feel the same things as you....but I must say I feel 12 weeks is the turning point for me I hope. Last week I noticed I was able to do things I could not preveously do and I seem to go longer stretches without lying flat.
        Patty 51 years old
        Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
        Posterior T3- L4
        Pre surgery curves
        T-53degrees
        L-38degrees
        and a severe side shift to the right.
        Post surgery curves
        Less than 10 degrees
        Surgery April, 2006
        C4 - C6

Comment

Dear Lee

Well done! What a milestone for you!
          How's the scar looking? Are you walking every day? Are you cooking? Do you still need painkillers? Are you driving? Are you pleased with how your back looks? Do you get a good night's sleep? Have you lost or gained weight? Are you taller? Love to hear all about how you're doing.

Paula
          Paula
          Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
          Sydney Australia
          58 years old

Comment

Originally posted by misspaula
            Dear Lee

Well done! What a milestone for you!
            How's the scar looking? Are you walking every day? Are you cooking? Do you still need painkillers? Are you driving? Are you pleased with how your back looks? Do you get a good night's sleep? Have you lost or gained weight? Are you taller? Love to hear all about how you're doing.

Paula
            Hey...
            Thanks everyone for there responses

Paula - The scars are looking really good hopefully soon i will post them or even send you them via email?? I've been going on little walks as i just bought a puppy so thats keeping me busy. I don't cook as i still live with my parents but i can do things like that. No not on any pain killers but i do take the occasional panadol or a muscle relaxer. I'm still a little swallon around my stomach and hips so once that all goes down i might see how different my body looks sometimes i feel that my shoulders are still uneven but there not, its a weird feeling.

I did lose 8 kilos after my op but its starting to creep back on as i never really lost my appetite and i can't do as much exercise which is a litte disappointing .
            I did gain 2 inches in height so now im 160cm so still a short arse...

Are you having surgery??

Lee

Comment

Great to hear from you Lee. I'm almost at the 12 week mark. Ok, I'm at the 11 week mark today - but close enough. Wow - you bought a puppy. I've been begging my husband for a puppy, but he doesn't think I could handle it at this point in recovery. Can you bend down and pick up the puppy, take him/her on walks, etc.?

Best,
              Anya
              "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
              Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
              19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

LEELEE85,

Hang in there. I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel more like yourself again. I am quite new to this forum, and actually just had my surgery in July, so I can't give you any advice about the new pain. I hope that you are able to find some answers from others on this forum or from your doctor. Good luck with your recovery!
                -Christine
                Surgery completed July, 2007
                Fused from T4-T12
                23years old

Comment

Hi Lee,

I smiled when you said trading pains, because that was a thought that went through my mind frequently, And that's exactly what we are doing so soon after surgery. All the pains I had before were gone, but I got new ones.

It's very normal. Just remember that you have survived the battle, you have to let your wounds heal, and it won't be too long before you feel like you've won the war!!!

I think you're doing great!!! And I bet your puppy is a very loving distraction to your pain and discomforts. I know both my dogs were!!!

Shari

Comment

Originally posted by abhbarry
                    Great to hear from you Lee. I'm almost at the 12 week mark. Ok, I'm at the 11 week mark today - but close enough. Wow - you bought a puppy. I've been begging my husband for a puppy, but he doesn't think I could handle it at this point in recovery. Can you bend down and pick up the puppy, take him/her on walks, etc.?

Best,
                    Anya
                    Yes i can bend to pick my puppy up as long as i bend at the knees first although sometimes to get myself up is a little painfull as i need to use all my leg muscles.... Also the advantage is my pup is only a Maltese Terrier so his pretty light and small. We live on 2 acres so he can run around alot but i take him on little walks and im taking him to puppy school.

Paula - Forgot to answer your question about if im driving. The answer is yes i started driving at 9 weeks post op.

Lee

Comment

Working...
                    X