PDA

View Full Version : do you consider scoliosis to be..

chic xx chic
08-12-2007, 07:36 PM
life threatning?

because i was looking up stuff about the 'Make A Wish' foundation and i would really like happiness to shine through my life and for my wish to come true.

do you think that if i applied, i would make it?

Carmell
08-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I am a volunteer for the Make A Wish Foundation. Their mission is "to grant heartfelt wishes to children between 3-18 years old who have potentially life-threatening conditions". Scoliosis itself is not a potentially life-threatening condition. Especially these days with medical technology as advanced as it is. If you have another medical condition that is potentially life-threatening, you *may* qualify for a wish.

~ScoliosisGirl~
08-16-2007, 12:34 PM
i dont think its life threatning becuase there IS something you can do about it.. some problems that people have is not that they have something to do about it.. we have a choice of getting surgery.. which we hope not to be some problems like cancer dont have some other choise like surgery. but i think at it as if just i have a back problem that will go away soon if i do the things that my doctor asks me to do.. i dont like doing therapy everyday for a half an hour but last time i went to my doctor in barcelona, without telling him i do therapy everyday he told me good job on the excercises and thats y i continue doing it everyday cuz i know i will see good results :p !! HOPEFULLY :rolleyes: !!