18 Months on - can't believe its here already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 Months on - can't believe its here already

I just wanted to post a quick entry to say that I am today celebrating my 18 month-iversary!

I feel really great and people keep commenting on how good I look. I would say that I actually feel fitter than I have in years despite the little complications that came out of the surgery.

For those of you who are interested, I have done a full update on my blog.

Hope all you guys (especially Ly & brandi) who are following on closely behind me are feeling as good as I am.

Yay! 18 months!!!
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Hey Pips-

I sure enjoyed your blog- thanks for the details, it helps to keep me grounded and maybe not so impatient with myself... Keep up the good recovery! Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Congrats Pips! Your blog really helped me as I am struggling to be patient with myself and my nerve pain during recovery. Can I ask, what are you on for the nerve pain?

Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration.
      Best,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Anya

I take Gabapentin for the nerve pain. It's worked very well for me but I did have to build up to a very high dose to get it to work. I am now down from 2400mg per day to 600 so am very happy. Right at the moment though I don't seem to get it down any further.

Still I have no side effects with it and provided I take it regularly I get no pain - wo betide if I miss one though!

Carry on with your recovery - you will get there and really you are over the worst (trust me)! Your blog too is great - I try and catch up with you as often as I can.

Take care hunny!
        Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
        Post op 30(T)/33(L)
        http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Pips,

Congratulations on your great recovery!!!

Shari

Comment

Yea Pips!

I am right behind you and life is great at 18 months out! I too love your blog and wish I had read it more often to see that you were coming to the states back when you did visit. I would have loved to try to meet up with you for a bit of a nip! I toast you on your surg-iversary, here's to continued improvement and enjoyment of the new life we have all been given! Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X