Doctors in the Midwest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors in the Midwest?

Hi I am new to the site. I am a nineteen year old female with a thoracic curve which goes to the left of about 53 degrees. Does anyone know of any good doctors in the midwest. Wisconsin or Minnesota would be the best. Thanks!

Hi,

I used Dr. David Coran from the Milwaukee area. He is one of the few ortho doctors in Milwaukee that treats adults and kids with scoli. He was fantastic!

Kari

39 years
    57 degree curve
    Surgery May 2007

Comment

I had surgery with Dr. Clifford Tribus in Madison 2 months ago. I HIGHLY recommend him and would be glad to discuss my experience with him if you want. You can send me a private message.

Best,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Good Dr's in the Midwest

Hi- I highly recommend Dr. Christopher DeWald at Rush in Chicago. After and exhautive search (we live in Florida) and 3 opinions, he had the very best approach we felt for our daughter- 14 yrs old 56 L 34T. She has been given the very most current and expert advise, and the results have been amazing so far (4 weeks post op)
          I have also heard of a wonderful surgeon in St. Louis, Dr. Bidwell (sp?)
          All my best on your decision- do not take this decision lightly- I feel you get one chance to do it right the 1st time and you need the most experienced Dr. you can find and that works with your circumstances-Good luck- all my best to you- Laura

Comment

Welcome...

Hello AMG- good luck with the doctor search, the members have some good ones to refer you to, and I can only offer you one piece of advice- At your age, you will do well- have it done while you are young. We older folks do pretty good, too, thanks to the ever improving technology, but the younger ones bounce back much quicker. Best wishes, Lisa
            Lisa age 47
            T curve 69 degrees
            L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
            fused to from T-3 to sacrum
            anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
            pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

I know a lot of people (including myself for the first time) see Dr. Lawrence Lenke out of St. Louis. He practices in the Barnes-Jewish Hospital and a children's hospital that i can't remember the name of but he is top notch. There is a thread under physicians about him.
              aBbiE
              22 yr old F,KU college student
              Kyphoscoliosis...
              Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
              Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
              I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
              Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
              all smiles!

Comment

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Comment

You are fortunate to be young. If you are willing to travel to Chicago, three surgeons who come highly recommended are Kim Hammerberg, Purnendu Gupta and Michael Schafer. I have consulted with each of these doctors, and I'm confident either one could successfully treat a young person such as yourself.

Good luck,

Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X