Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year...

Hi all,
    Just checking in & happy to say that I have made it to the 1 year milestone!!! I will say it has been a real challenge but well worth it! I can basically do most of the things I desire to. To all of you on the start of your recovery, hang in there and try to stay positive and look at the small accomplishments that you make each week. Things will get better!
    Lynne

fused T11-L5 Aug 1st 2005..
    95 thorocolumbar C. reduced to 60

Congratulations. Are you going to do something special to celebrate? I know I will when I reach a year. I wish continued success.

Sue

Comment

Congratulations Lynne and thanks for all your encouragement!!
      love,
      Chris
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Lynne, I can't believe it's been a year already. It seems like just yesterday when you were writing about your final night in NYC before your operation. Time sure does fly by when you're having fun, doesn't it? Congrats!

Chris

Comment

Congratulations!

Good job Lynne! I think that date will always stay with you. I still to this day remember February 18th (1st surgery) and November 19th (cast removal) every year and that was 26 years ago! It is quite an accomplishment to get to this point. It really does seem like yesterday that you were going in. Does this mean we're another year older????? HAVE A GREAT DAY!! LYNN
          Last edited by Jacque's Mom; 08-02-2007, 10:36 AM.
          1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
          2000 Partial Rod Removal
          2001 Right Scapular Resection
          12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
          06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Yes, the 24th was my one year anniversary, also! Seemed like we'd never get here, didn't it! Quite an accomplishment, I believe!!

Despite that attack of painful sciatica I suffered 6 weeks ago, I am doing well. The tests didn't show anything wrong so I am in therapy. The therapist thinks it is a combination of uneven pelvis symmetry and tight hip and leg muscles that caused too much torque and twisting around the L5-S1 area which is not fused. So we are working on stretches and strengthening for the area, as well as getting the right size shoe lift to even out my legs and hips.

Just started, will let you know how things go.

Deb
            posterior surgery 7/24/06
            T5-L5
            for T72, L77 curves
            50% correction
            DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT!!

Comment

Lynne,

(drum roll) Way to go! What a happy occasion! You are a role model for me.

Janet
              As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Congrats Lynn! Thanks for all your help along the way.

Best,
                Anya
                "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
                Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
                19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Congrats to YOU!!! That is awesome. When you look back, did the year go by fast? My surgery is in Oct. and I cannot wait for Oct. 2008. and at the same time i do not want the years to fly by...only this year

Best to you!!!! and celebrate your 1 yr recovery

Debbie
                  A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
                  T2 to Sacrum
                  Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
                  Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
                  Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
                  Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
                  Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Comment

Congratulations Lynne!

Comment

thks all! Looking back now, of course, it seems the year flew by...not so for the waiting period before surgery...ha! That was probably the craziest period of my life thus far...
                      But it is true that time heals all & one forgets ..physically & emotionally

deb, Lynn, Suzyjay ,Chris, anya, Janet & all keep in touch! May all your recoveries go smoothly...Ly

Comment

One Year

Lynne,

I've only been on this forum since last weekend but I wanted to say congratulations. My husband and I went to Disney World for my first anniversary and had a great time. We took it easy though, and had some quality pool time.

dianeh
                        ant./post. fusion Jan. '06
                        T3- sacrum
                        dbl.curve, T47,L43

Comment

Hi Lynne! Wow, a year already! I am sorry I did not call you to wish you a happy one year anniversary...what a milestone! Talk to you soon!
                          Heather
                          Surgery date: April 20, 2004
                          Anterior/posterior surgery
                          Fused T-11 to L-5
                          Pre op lumbar curve: 70 degrees, thoracic curve: 42 degrees
                          Post op lumbar curve: 19 degrees, thoracic curve: 18
                          Surgeon: Dr. Boachie-Adjei
                          Had successful pregnancy and birth 2 years post-op

Comment

Yeah Lynne!!
                            Congrats and thanks for ALL your support- you're a gem-
                            Cathie

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Congrats on that huge anniversary!!! I have to agree that it doesn't seem like it's been that long since I was saying a prayer for you knowing you were going into surgery. Wow, I guess time does fly.

I just want you to know that you have in the past, present and will be in the future, a great role model for people that have had or considering having this surgery!!!

I don't just mean your contribution to this forum, but all the other things, that in some way involve people that are in our situation, that you have taken part in.

If I had a drink in my hand right now, I would raise it to you!!!

Cheers,
                              Shari

Comment

Working...
                              X