Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 3000 scoli surgeries considered many

Dr Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone here have any GOOD stories about having Dr. Pashman (Cedars-Sinai in LA) as your (or someone you know) surgeon? I am having surgery with him in October. I am in Las Vegas and there was a great write up in the newspaper here on Dr. Pashman. I spoke with the person who wrote the article and he had a sucessful outcome with him. Just wondering if anyone else has had surgery with him. I am 50 yrs. old and I heard that he has done over 3000 spinal deformity surgeries and works on adults also. Does that sound like alot of surgeries that he has done?

Let me know what you may know

Thanks everyone, Debbie
    A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
    T2 to Sacrum
    Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
    Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
    Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
    Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
    Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Debbie- that's pretty a impressive number by anyone's standards- I've read good things about him and he is right there in your city! I am right there in your age group and i don't blame you for wanting someone that knows about us old folks- we present a totally different set of problems than the young ones- my surgeon told me his older patients keep him up at night, worrying about us. Even though he is young, I decided then, he deserved my trust. Good Luck - Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Hi Debbie,

I have to agree that 3000 sounds experienced enough to me!!! Considering there are 52 weeks in a year a if he did one surgery a week, and hopefully he takes some vacation time.

I don't know how old he is but he must be younger than you for you to consider him young. It sounds like you are in good hands!!!

I personally wanted a Doctor that did this surgery on people my age (47) on a regular basis. But don't forget you also have the right as a patient to ask certain questions if you are concerned.

I'm trying not to be gruesome or frightning, but you do have the right to ask if he's had any complications in any of those 3000 surgeries. I asked my Doctor.

Shari

Comment

Working...
      X