Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went driving today...

Hey Everyone,

Thought i'd let ya's all know im 9 weeks post op today and i went driving for the first time 15 mins to shops and then 15 min home. I felt fine no problems at all. It really does make you feel heaps better knowing that you can drive to wherever....

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

High five !

Ain't it the truth, Lee ! Just be careful not to forget and twist around to see what's behind you! Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Driving without twisting

No twisting necessary with a clip-on wide rear-view mirror supplemented by those little magnifier mirrors on the sides. I have absolutely no blind spots with those.
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

I'm 10 weeks post op and can't wait to drive, but I can't put my arms out in front of me to reach the steering wheel, too much pain between the shoulder blades.
        Patty 51 years old
        Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
        Posterior T3- L4
        Pre surgery curves
        T-53degrees
        L-38degrees
        and a severe side shift to the right.
        Post surgery curves
        Less than 10 degrees
        Surgery April, 2006
        C4 - C6

Comment

Congratulations Lee,

What a wonderful milestone, and so soon!!! I am so happy for you, I remember the feeling of independence I felt once I was able to drive, but it took me a lot longer.

Shari

Comment

Working...
          X