Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pain????

Hi Everyone

Its been 2months since my surgery and the last couple of days, I've been slowly getting more pain between my shoulder blades. All day today the pain is so bad I can't move without feeling it and log rolling to get out of bed is the worst. If I move my arms away from my side at all, the pain is horrible.
    Has anyone else had this and is it somewhat normal at this stage in the recovery?

thanks,
    Patty 51 years old
    Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
    Posterior T3- L4
    Pre surgery curves
    T-53degrees
    L-38degrees
    and a severe side shift to the right.
    Post surgery curves
    Less than 10 degrees
    Surgery April, 2006
    C4 - C6

Hi Patty,

I feel for you and wish I could comfort you. I got new and different pains for the 1st 6 months.

You're going to think this is a strange question, but have you lost any weight??? The reason I ask this is that I had lost a considerable amount of weight afterwards and my Doctor told me that some of the hardware was poking me in different areas because of the weight loss.

Have you decreased your pain meds??? Are you moving around more???

When I was recovering and would have a "good day" I over did everything, and then I would pay for it for days.

Just giving you a few reasons why I felt like shit a few months post-op.

Shari

Comment

If you are having very bad pain, you may want to ask your doctor to give you a blood test for infection. A few months after my surgery I experienced bad pains that the pains meds didn't help and a blood test showed an infection.

Sue

Comment

Hi!

Do you have any muscle relaxants to take, like flexeril or valium? A lot of the pain the first few months is actually muscle spasms of your body getting used to the new configuration and movements. Also try heating pad.

Deb
        posterior surgery 7/24/06
        for T5-L5
        s curve T72, L77

Comment

Working...
        X