Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg Pain

Hey Guys,

Can anyone tell me if they experienced Leg pain after surgery. I am nearly 9 weeks post op and just started experiencing pain in my left thigh!!!!
    It's not constant but its there off and on through out the day.

Can anyone tell me if thats normal???

Thanks in advance.

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Hi Lee,

I had different pains in different areas for several months after my surgery.

I always thought most of them were part of the healing process, but when I would have one that really concerned me I brought it to my surgeon's attention.

If you are concerned that you may be experiencing something abnormal, you have every right to call your surgeon and ask!!! There's no reason why you should have additional stress with wonder and worry!!!

When I see someone on this forum so soon after surgery I feel like a wimp!!!
    At 9 weeks I could only read here in short periods. Good for you, and I'm jealous!!!

Shari

Comment

Hi Lee,

Yes, I have lots of left thigh/leg pain (I am almost 8 weeks). I am seeing my surgeon for my first check up visit on Monday. I'll let you know if he says there is anything wrong, or if it is just part of the healing process.

Best,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes, at times I had pain in my right leg and hip. It lasted a about a month, a heating pad helped a little.

Sue

Comment

All this stuff is normal for months afterward and even new activities years later can stir things up.

Try not to drive yourself nuts over this.
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

I know it's hard to do, but Karen just gave some great advice!!! It's hard not to think that every new ache or pain may be a problem, but it usually is the normal healing process.

I worried all the time when I would get a new pain.

Shari

Comment

I think after a while you just accept that everything is part of the healing process. I have a tendon or muscle that runs from my groin to my knee and it has really been hurting lately esp if I am on my feet too much. Also the sciatic nerve in my right hip and all the way to my ankle has started hurting so bad that I have trouble sleeping some nights. My doc says if it isn't better by Sept -my next visit--he will schedule a mylogram. I am hoping for sure that it gets better soon. There are times when the lower part of my back feels like I am carrying around a cement block. A very distinct and heavy feeling. First time I felt it I got nervious but figured out that too came with the recovery. I think you will know if you have something happen that isn't normal pain. We have been through so much trauma to our bodies that it takes a while (I understand about a year to 18 months for us seniors) to finally feel we are on top of things again.
              Linda G.

Comment

Working...
              X