Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another daughter

Hi,

My 12 year old now has a problem like her mom...i'm sick over this....waiting to take her to the doctor.
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Connie - take a deep breath and try to relax. Your daughter will help you get through this. You both have something to share. From your sig, it looks like you are in excellent hands, medically. Please know you are not alone. You will do great.

My best,
    Carmell
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Carmell,

I didn't exactly tell her she has scoliosis...she has uneven shoulders and a small hump..we haven't gotten her xrayed yet...i don't think this is something we can bonded together with, she might hate me for giving her this...i know my 23 year old blames me.....
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

Connie - I hope you are wrong. I would hope that regardless of your medical condition, your children would be there to help you through. And the reverse is true - that you will be there to help your children. Blaming you for them having scoliosis is not healthy, emotionally. It's not like you did this on purpose! I realize I'm not in a position to give advice. I just wish it wasn't so bad for you emotionally. Good luck and keep us posted.
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Hi,

I understand what your saying but I'm facing surgery in 3 weeks and I guess It's going to be pretty hard on all of us..it's just this is not the right time to tell her about this and share this problem together.
          CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
          fused T4 -L3
          Hip graft
          Grown 1 1/2 inches
          25/o upper T 15/o
          53/o T 15/o
          37/o L 6/o
          Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
          New York City

August 6, 2004
          Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

spincon,
            Have u heard of ASCo scoliosis treatment?

Comment

no, whats it about
              CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
              fused T4 -L3
              Hip graft
              Grown 1 1/2 inches
              25/o upper T 15/o
              53/o T 15/o
              37/o L 6/o
              Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
              New York City

August 6, 2004
              Pulmonary Embolism

January 2007 currently

Comment

Hello spincon58!

In Europe THE common treatment against scoliosis - in addition to a brace - is the Schroth-Therpy.

With Schroth-Therapy a proven method of three dimensional respiratory breathing exercises is utilized. These exercises are designed to strengthen spinal and pelvic muscles, reshape rib deformity and increase the vital capacity of the lungs.

There is a Schroth trained Physical Therapist in New York City at Chiropractic Care of New York. 212-360-7760 http://www.nstllc.com

I got this information from http://www.scoliosislife.net/forums/...pic.php?t=1453

If your doughter needs a brace, make sure that it is a good one! Generally a brace is called "good" if more than 50% of the curve is corrected in the brace. There is a study by an Austrian reasercher (unfortunatelly it is in german) that says that a brace that corrects less than 40 % of the curve can not even stop the progression in many cases. Beside that, the girls who did not wear their braces for more than 20 hours did not have much success.

See the abstract : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=14713586

best regards,
                Lilith

Comment

Thanks Lilith,
                  I'll take that into consideration...I called our local scoli doctor and the nurses are all so ass tight..no appoinment they screamed....nothing till august...so I said ask the doctor and let him tell me there are no appoinments...I want to speak to him ..well they called me and they offered me two appoinments next week...so never give up...always talk to the doctor , many times they will squeeze you in....
                  CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
                  fused T4 -L3
                  Hip graft
                  Grown 1 1/2 inches
                  25/o upper T 15/o
                  53/o T 15/o
                  37/o L 6/o
                  Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
                  New York City

August 6, 2004
                  Pulmonary Embolism