something funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something funny

I forgot to post it earlier but I think it's funny. When I was 18 I thought I needed a tattoo on my lower back.

And now, 7 years later, guess who has an angel sliced in half and repositioned? Oh yeah, that's me. It was actually a topic of conversation in the operating room. Apparently they tried to realign it but they just couldn't.

Hum, maybe I can pass it off as abstract art. Everytime I look at my back in the mirror I laugh!

Just thought I'd share
    Sonia
    58*
    Surgery 6/29/07
    T3-L4

Sonia that is hilarious! You could to go to your tattoo artist to see what can be done to add to your "abstract art." I am sure they would appreciate the opportunity to fix their artwork. Plus, you could enjoy the look on their face when they see it! That is too funny.

Comment

You should post a picture. What a hoot!
      God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for making me smile!!! I can just picture a good artist finding a way to tie the two together!!!

Shari

Comment

How funny! Never thought about that. I keep telling people that if I could stand the process, I would like to have a tattoo of a zipper all the way up my back along my scar. And just imagine the laughs in the operating room if I had to have another surgery: "Well, don't cut, just unzip her!"
          FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
          10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
          8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
          5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
          2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
          3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

My dad always said I should get a zipper at the bottom or top of my incision... I actually just got my first tattoo (after YEARS AND YEARS of contemplation). It's on the flatter side of my back (my "rib hump" is on the right side of my back) which ended up making a really nice flat canvass for it... here's a picture. (it's a dove)

http://stfx.facebook.com/photo.php?p...1&id=697075067
            lisanicolegrace
            29/F/Canada
            Surgery - 11/10/2000
            80° curve to 19° post op.
            www.lisanicolegrace.com
            @lisanicolegrace
            facebook
            x-rays
            picture of my back

Comment

So i'm not the only one who has thought of a zipper before .

Comment

very nice !

Both your back and tattoo turned out great! I'm too chicken for a tattoo- I'd never be able to decide what to put! Thanks for sharing your pic ! Lisa
                Lisa age 47
                T curve 69 degrees
                L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
                fused to from T-3 to sacrum
                anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
                pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

I'm a nurse and I would often see patients with tatoo's rearranged somewhat artistically when they came back from theatre. Some of our patients are from the Pacific Islands where tatoo's often are so extensive that they are like a pair of shorts. But then the surgeons can't re-align them properly and they end up looking a bit random.
                  Thanks for giving me a giggle!
                  1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
                  2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
                  2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
                  Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
                  msandham.blogspot.com

Comment

Your back looks great!!!

Congratulations,
                    Shari

Comment

Working...
                    X