8 Weeks Post Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Weeks Post Op

Just want to let everyone know im 8 weeks post op tomorrow. I can't believe how quick it has gone. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment hardly on any pain meds except panadol every now and then only when i really need it. Rib pain is mainly gone, but new pain is starting around my hips and every now and then my left or right leg in the thigh area feels sore. But its not a huge problem. I've been shopping, out for dinner with friends and i actually went out to a pub last night for a few drinks which was so good, i can only last 3 hours out then i start to feel tired but it sure does feel good to see other faces.
    Can't wait till tomorrow cos my hairdresser is coming over to my house to do my hair as its looking YUK i haven't had it done since my op and i have really blonde hair so you can imagine the regrowth starting (my real hair is brown)!!!!

Anyone who hasn't had there op yet or are in the early stages still it REALLY does get BETTER!!!! Even though i feel good im still not going back to work till September as i do not want to rush things. Age factor does play a big difference in recovery im only 22 yrs old so i probably have recovered a lot quicker then most adults......

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

recovery

Good on you Lee!
    It doesn't seem anything like 8 weeks since the op and you're doing so well!
    It gives me such hope to hear about your progress.
    Are you going to post some before and after pics?
    Paula
    Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
    Sydney Australia
    58 years old

Comment

Thanks Paula.
      I would if i knew how to do it but im not that sure on how to put them on sorry....

Lee
      Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

pics

oh, come on! You're young, I thought all you young things know how to put pictures on the net!!! Not like dinosaurs like me who haven't got a clue!

I've got my surgery dates . Anterior 23rd Oct and Posterior 30th Oct. with Dr Cree at Westmead Private Hospital. I need all the positive reinforcement I can get.
        Paula
        Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
        Sydney Australia
        58 years old

Comment

good job in recovery !

Way to go, Lee! That grown-out hair has GOT to go! that was one of the things that bugged me the most after surgery-My husband drove me in, I waddled in to my hairdressers shop late in the day, maybe a week after I got home from the rehab, cane, pillows and all, just to get my hair colored. My family has long forgotten what my real hair color is, and it's quite gray now. Looking at that gray hair in the mirror was very stressful on me, and I don't know if I can ever color it myself again. So, enjoy your pretty hair to go with your pretty back, because you will draw a lot of attention from your friends and co-workers as you get back into the mainstream of life again. Ya gotta look good !

P.S Paula, long live us dinosaurs ! You two made my day today! Lisa
          Lisa age 47
          T curve 69 degrees
          L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
          fused to from T-3 to sacrum
          anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
          pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Sounds like you are doing great Lee. I'm so pleased to have this forum and hear from others who are going through the same thing (I'm one week behind you). I still have quite a bit of leg pain and shoulder blade pain. The nurses at the spine clinic have been hardly helpful and luckily my PCP called me at home (on a Sunday - she is fabulous) and told me that the nurses at the spine clinic have not been handling my recovery properly and that she will take over the pain management. So, I'm getting off of the vicodin (which I have not been doing well on) and switching over to a few long lasting morphine tablets to help. Fingers crossed that this will ease the severe pain.

She also suggested acupuncture and craniosacral therapy. I know that we can't do massage therapy for sometime, but has anyone done either of these as early as 7 weeks post-op? What do you think?

Keep up the good work Lee (and others). We've been through an awful lot and we all are very courageous women.

Best,
            Anya
            "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
            Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
            19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Paula,

We older women have a much different experience from some of the younger one's. That certainly doesn't mean that we can't have great recoveries, it only means it takes us a little longer to heal from it.

Don't get discouaged, even though we are older, we are much stronger mentally and that helps in the process. There are many of us here that are older broads and we are here for you to pick our brains!!!

You can never compare your recovery from this surgery to someone even 10 years younger, we are not as flexible and tend to have a more involved surgery. My advice is to keep in contact with those of us that are about your age!!!

Just my opinion!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
              X