Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen, Platform: SCOLIOSIS AWARENESS

Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen, Platform: SCOLIOSIS AWARENESS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!
    I am Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen 2007, I have suffered from scoliosis since 6th grade. For three years I even wore a boston back brace, 23 hours a day, it was horrible. Last year I ended up needing spinal surgery for my 60 degree curve. Throughout my reign as Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen I am going to be mentoring young teens who are going through the same thing I did. If you have any questions, or concerns feel free to send me a message. My myspace is open to anyone and has information about me and the Miss America Organization. The website is myspace.com/missriteen07, and to ensure that this is really me, Molly Jacobson, you can look at the Miss Americas Outstanding Teen website and current contestants!!
    Feel free to ask me questions!!! I am here to help!
    With Love,
    Molly
    Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen

Hi Molly,

Kudos to you for doing this! It's great that you are raising scoliosis awareness and offering support to other young people facing the same challenges you did. I'm sure, like many of them, having scoliosis has made you a stronger person. Keep up the great work!
    mariaf305@yahoo.com
    Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
    Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Miss Rhode Islands Outstanding Teen 2007 Platform: SCOLIOSIS AWARENESS

Thank you!! I have noticed that people are not aware about scoliosis, and it is a major problem, 2-3 percent of the population has it, and that is actually alot. It was a struggle, but I am glad to say that I now have a stronger backbone, literally!!
      Molly
      Miss RI Outstanding Teen 2007

Comment

Working...
      X