Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen, Platform: SCOLIOSIS AWARENESS

Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen, Platform: SCOLIOSIS AWARENESS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!
    I am Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen 2007, I have suffered from scoliosis since 6th grade. For three years I even wore a boston back brace, 23 hours a day, it was horrible. Last year I ended up needing spinal surgery for my 60 degree curve. Throughout my reign as Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen I am going to be mentoring young teens who are going through the same thing I did. If you have any questions, or concerns feel free to send me a message. My myspace is open to anyone and has information about me and the Miss America Organization. The website is myspace.com/missriteen07, and to ensure that this is really me, Molly Jacobson, you can look at the Miss Americas Outstanding Teen website and current contestants!!
    Feel free to ask me questions!!! I am here to help!
    With Love,
    Molly
    Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen

Hi Molly,

I would love for my 13-year old to talk to you. She is getting spinal fusion on Sept. 12, 2007 at Children's Hospital of Phila. My older daughter is your age, but doesn't have scoliosis.

Keep up the good work.

May I ask what specifically was your fusion? Hers will be T-2 - L-2 or 3. She is a dancer and is worried about her future flexibility.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Miss Rhode Island's Outstanding Teen Platform: SCOLIOSIS AWARENESS

Hey!
      My email is MissRIteen07@hotmail.com, your daughter can email me with questions if she wants to do that! I am not totally sure what fusion I got done, but they only fused the top part of my spine hoping that it would help straighten the bottom part. Since I am a tiny girl they actually had to use little children rods because the other ones were to bulky. Tell your daughter not to worry and to make sure that she tells the doctor EXACTLY when the pain starts. The mistake I made was that I would wait until the pain got bad and then it would take a little while for the meds to kick in. Dancing should be fine though, it might take a little time but I am a dancer as well and have been able to get back to dancing. My talent for my pageant is actually bollywood indian dancing, it requires alot of hip movement and back movement, and I havent had any problems. The Miss Rhode Island website is under construction right now but I will soon be up on that website to where you can email and talk to me also. Also I am on the maoteen.org website so you can go check it out!
      I hope this helped a little, if you have anymore questions feel free to look at my personal website (myspace.com/missriteen07) or email me!!

-Molly

Comment

Working...
      X