post op question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post op question

I am 3 weeks post op today and was wondering when the skin sensitivity goes away. I've had a remarkable recovery, started p.t. this week and going back to work ~30th of this month but the skin on my back is so sensitive. About a week after surgery my back started to feel like a sunburn, all over my back. It was agony getting my bandages replaced and the sunburn feeling hasn't let up.

Just wondering if anyone else has felt this sensation and if they have an idea of when it let up.

Other than the skin sensitivity, I'm doing super well! Walking around, doing my pt exercies (the hip they took bone from is much weaker than my other) and resting a lot. Some other good news, the preliminary height gain results are over an inch (though I feel like I'm still swollen in my back so I can't stand rigid straight just yet!)

OK - skin sensitivity, any ideas when it lets up??

Thanks!
    Sonia
    58*
    Surgery 6/29/07
    T3-L4

I'm just over 6 weeks post-op and the skin sensitivity is beginning to let up, but it's still there. I remember taking off the bandages and how much that hurt! Keep up the good recovery.

Best,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,

I am 8 weeks post-op and still have skin sensitivities. I am unable to wear a bra, still, and I am wearing mostly knit tops and bottoms. However, each week has gotten better. My skin use to hurt all the way around to my sides, now it is mostly about 4-5 inches across the back and the entire length from T-3 - L-4. It is my understanding that it takes a really long time for that part to feel normal again because there are so many nerves there.

Sounds like you are doing great! Hang in there it continues to get better!

kari

Comment

I'm 9 weeks Monday and I have the skin sensitivity the worse in the upper thighs. It has gotten better. I have my husband put Shea butter on my back and I rub it into my legs, very carefully.
        Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
        Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
        Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
        Fused T2 to sacrum
        June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
        X