Pressure in back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure in back

I am 5 months post op fused from T4 to L4. I am back to work full time. Is it normal to have a feeling of pressure / heaviness on my lower back when I walk?
    Sue

Yes, that and more including: jabs, shocks, sharp and dull pains, hot and cold sweats, pulling etc. It's all part of the healing process and is NORMAL.

Try not to dwell on these--- otherwise you will go nuts!!!
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

I have to agree with Karen that the recovery process is so complex and somewhat confusing.

I don't think that our Doctor's can even explain to us exactly what the process will be, because we are all different. That's why I think this forum is so important!!!

I had a rough recovery, and I had compared mine to some other's on here that didn't, and to be honest, it caused me great distress and a good deal of added depression. How stupid was I!!! I just hope that other's don't make the same mistake I did!!!

Shari

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Ocker
        Yes, that and more including: jabs, shocks, sharp and dull pains, hot and cold sweats, pulling etc. It's all part of the healing process and is NORMAL.

Try not to dwell on these--- otherwise you will go nuts!!!
        I'm so glad Karen added this as i was worried that i was having hot and cold sweats all the time and i also get a lot of shocks as well.
        Thank god mine not the only one.

Lee
        Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks I feel better. I am a bit paranoid, last time I experienced new pains I found out had a staph infection.

Sue

Comment

Working...
          X