PDA

View Full Version : inversion tables???

gerbo
07-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Considering that intermittend traction is part of the treatment in some contexts, has anybody ever tried or considered trying an inversion table for a bit of spinal stretching? Any views??

nora b
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Many years ago I purchased an inversion table in the hope that it would help to relieve the excruciating pain I had at that time. Unfortunately it did not. I felt some relief when I was being stretched, but as soon as I regained upright posture I would have severe pain. I realized that my body simply could not maintain the stretch when upright, and gravity caused my bones to just crash back into each other when I stood up

Of course every person is different. My curve was quite severe, and there was a lot of damage to my intervertebral discs. Perhaps other people have had more positive results.

Nora

coloradogirl
07-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I have been on an inversion table and when I am all stretched out, my spine looks completely straight. The only thing that is sticking out is my rib cage. It feels a bit uncomfortable, because you're being stretched so far, but it's great. I wish my spine would stay that way permanently.

RugbyLaura
07-16-2007, 04:34 PM
So does it serve any purpose/give any long term benefit? :confused:

RugbyLaura
07-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi, anyone interested in this thread should have a look at Miscellaneous/Research/Torso Rotation#21-26.