Staring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staring....

Have you guys noticed that people stare at you while your wearing your brace? My straps stick out a little, and people tend to gawk. Well, I invented a little game that i play whenever I spot someone staring at me. I announce random things, like "Oh my god, it is SO RUDE of people to stare". They always look away. My mom and i also make up things to say or do while we're in the car waiting to enter a store. She and i come up with something i can say or do when a person looks at me in a weird way. Sometimes i look people in the eye and say, "What? Haven't you ever seen an accident victim before?". Other times its "Oh, yeah, i broke my back a while ago." Sometimes its also fun to cross your eyes and get giggly and say "Boo" or "WHAT?". Its an easy way to make light of all situations. If you try this, you might feel better!
    K*a*y

Thoraic Lumbar Support Orthosis (TLSO)
    40 degrees thoraic
    30 degrees lumbar

Staring

Congrats to you Kay! My Mom used to wear leg braces and people used to stare and drive me craze! Like you, I would stare back at them until they would look away. Here's a new thing for you to do or say, if you are comfortable: Say in a VERY LOUD voice, "Mom, did I start my period or something, that guy is staring at me!" That would really, really embarrass them! lol I'm really proud of you for wearing your brace in public. People are SO rude, especially adults who are supposed to know better. Have you ever taken the time to explain the truth to children who stare? Usually children are just curious as to why you are wearing a brace. Adults, sorry to say are just horrible, rude people at times.
    Mary Lou

Comment

Hehehe that rocks!!!! Im SO gonna try that!!! Thanks!!!
      K*a*y

Thoraic Lumbar Support Orthosis (TLSO)
      40 degrees thoraic
      30 degrees lumbar

Comment

Lol, I'm gonna try that! The kids in my school are so ignorant, so they'll probably stare. Thanks!

Comment

staring

they stare all the time at my milwaukee. it makes me nervous
          my name is brian, I am 14 and I wear a Milwaukee Brace

Comment

Working...
          X