Work Full Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Full Time?

How long did it take you to get back to work full time?
    Lindsey
    T-12 to L-3 posterior fusion
    Surgery July 30, 2007
    Dr. Lenke St. Louis, MO

Are you asking how long it took out of interest or because you want to get an idea for yourself? Because really I think it depends on a lot of things eg your age, how fit you are, and how you handle the recovery.

I'm only 18 and pretty determined to get back to work asap so my surgeon has said that I should take no more than 6 weeks (though I should be ok even at 4).

I've told my employer that I will be taking 6 weeks off but if I feel well enough before then, I might come back earlier.

Don't push yourself though. Best to speak with your surgeon
    Em.
    19yo
    Australia
    Surgery 11th December 2007
    t c 60 l c 45

Comment

3 months for me, but some days i wished i had waited longer. It was pretty difficult. But i'm old....

Comment

I'm two weeks post op today, and I am planning on going back to work soemtime 4-6 weeks post op.
        Sonia
        58*
        Surgery 6/29/07
        T3-L4

Comment

I just started back part-time today..

i just made 6 weeks post-op today and went to light computer stuff for 3 hours today- I will NEVER be able to do what i was doing before, but I hope that my duties will be adjusted by the time I am released to return full-time, which I anticipate to be 6-9 months Lisa
          Lisa age 47
          T curve 69 degrees
          L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
          fused to from T-3 to sacrum
          anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
          pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Hello Lindsey

Just read your post from yesterday. I noticed you are from Indianapolis and are having Dr. Lenke do your surgery. I too am a patient of Dr. Lenke's and I am from southern indiana - Tell City. Dr. Lenke is going to be doing my revision surgery August 27, 2007. Just thought I would say hello and good luck to you.

Doreen

Comment

I had surgery on Feb 7, 2007, I am 44 years old and was fused T4 to L4. I just went back to work this week. I would have returned sooner but at 3 months I got an infection and was in a lot of pain from it. This week was tough but I made it. It got easier as the week went on and I started to feel a little better by Thursday. I guess it will take time for me to build up my strength.

Sue

Comment

Still don't know

Previously had jobs on my feet 10-12 hours a day lifting heavy boxes and pails all day. Those days are over; can't physically handle it anymore with my wired up back that can only bend stiffly and tells me not to lift more than a few pounds.

Before that I did office work, but I couldn't sit at or hunch over a computer desk without pain until about 7 months. So now am trying to retrain for office work--not so easy at the age of 48! One agency told me that I would have to do volunteer work in order to get some current office references!! Great, I can't afford to work for free.

Hope that your employer is willing to work with you.

Deb
                surgery 7/24/06
                for T72, L77
                T5-L5

Comment

Working...
                X