studies at Dalhousie University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studies at Dalhousie University

Hey its me dixie, since my daughter passed, away the main surgeon in the case Dr. Ron el-Hawary -, he works out of the IWK in Halifax, Nova Scotia, he received funding from dal to research the evaluation of hepatic anatomy and function in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis ( how the curve is affected bu curvature of the spine).

Its good they are researching this but this was not in my opinion the reason for sarah's liver damage ?????????
    thanks dixie

liver damage

Dixie,
    I know it must be vexing not to know the real reason for your daughter's death.
    I just looked into the US National Library of Medicine on-line( it has foreign abstracts also) and did a search.
    What I found was that in the prone position, in which scoliosis surgery must be done, some chest deformities actually press on the liver, other cases involve neuro fibromatosis of the liver and there is Alstrom syndrome. I do not know if any of these disorders were the reason.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

college of physicians and surgeons, 2nd meeting

Hi its me dixie,l just received a letter from the college of physicians and surgeons today, " the committee is actively linvestigating my complaint aand directed that this matter be further deferred,to ensure thay have thoroughly reviewed all available info prior to making there decision, so at least it has made it through 2 meetings without being dismissed.

Thanks
      Dixie

Comment

Causes of liver damage

Hi Karen , seen your post the things that you mentioned in your post i have checked and none of those things applied, Sarah was a perfectly healthy girl, except for her scoliosis, I think it was surgeon error.
        Thanks
        Dixie

Comment

I am glad that you have not been dismissed. How frustrating that review takes so long and that things could possibly be covered up.
          God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Working...
          X