Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne - no teenager

Hi

I am in process of coming off my pain meds and I just started breaking out all over my face, small little bumps with acne. I went on the internet to check on these meds and nothing was mentioned about acne. I am taking hydrocodone 1/2 pill twice a day and oxycodone 20 mg at night and 10mg in the morning because of an infection I am also on zyvox 600 mgs twice a day. Has anyone experienced acne problems?

Sue

rash on face

I looked that one up and rash is a common side effect. You can check with your pharmacist. Also, it's recommended not to eat tyramine rich foods with that antibiotic. That information should have come with your prescription.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Yes, there are a lot of foods I have to avoid on this antibiotic. I didn't look up rash on the antibiotic I was searching under acne, a rash makes more sense.

Thanks
      Sue

Comment

I think we all have different reactions to this surgery and the medication, but you problem may also be caused from the stress of your situation.

Whatever advice Karen or Linda may give you, I would consider it!!!

Shari

Comment

After surgery and I broke out with acne on my chest. This was a first for me. My dermatologist perscribed "clindamycin phosphate" lotion. It cleared it right up. I'm not on any other meds so I'm not sure of drug interactions.

Jody
          surgery 5-31-07
          Dr. Wood, Mass General
          Fused T10-L4
          Had 55 degree curve now 6 degrees

Comment

Working...
          X