I have before and after pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have before and after pictures...

I was absolutely stunned when i saw these pictures- it makes it a little easier to get up and do those rehab exercises i don't always want to do. I really hope this helps anyone else that is considering surgery, as it is darned tough, but, wow, what a miracle ! Those also in recovery, have someone take a picture and look at your progress, it will help your outlook to see how far you've come !!! Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Pretty amazing Lisa!
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Lisa- thank you so much for posting your pix. The correction is amazing! I am really happy for you. I am scheduled for surgery in December and these photos really help in keeping me focused on the possibilities for my rib cage and spine.
      Janet
      As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

wow-Lisa that is amazing! I looked about the same before too although I had about a 95 thorocolumbar curve & 85 kyphosis..so a bit worse...Ly

Comment

wow

the after surgery looks great hope you are feel great also a big improvment

Comment

What a great idea to show before and after. You must be so pleased with the results. You look fantastic. Won't if finally be fun to shop and have things fit you properly.

Congratualtions!
            CarolS
            68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
            Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
            Osteotomy March 20,2008
            Thrilled with results!

Comment

Lisa,

You are beautiful!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I wish you all the best!!!
              Melissa
              From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
              Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Lisa

Your results turned out great!!!
                Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
                Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
                Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
                Fused T2 to sacrum
                June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
                MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Wow!! You look GREAT!!!! Congratulations on your successful surgery!

Ann
                  44 year old female
                  Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
                  Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
                  Posterior Only, 9 hours
                  Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
                  Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics. Your "new" back looks great! Cute haircut too!

Renee

Comment

Hi Lisa,

You look wonderful!!!
                      Your pictures are an inspiration to all those contemplating this surgery!!! I took pictures before and after, and I think everyone should. It took me almost 2 years to get mine developed , but it is so encouraging to see the correction.

What a great service you have done here!!!

Thank you,
                      Shari

Comment

Do you mind if I ask who did your surgery...I assume someone in Texas? It looks great! Keep up the hard work.
                        1992-Double major 59* Cotrel rods placed from T2 to L3 by Misenhimer and Westbrook in El Paso, TX.

Comment

What a beautiful "new" back you have! Looks perfectly straight, did they tell you the correction or is it too soon to say? Keep up the good work in rehab.

Laura
                          UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
                          10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
                          Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

thanks for all the kind replies...

I do not know the degree of correction, but I go back for my first post-op this coming Tuesday 7-17-07 and I'll find out...my hairdresser enjoyed the" cute haircut" compliment, especially when i told her our forum is worldwide!! I hope some more of you post your pictures, it makes it all more much real. God Bless all of you, you make my day !! Lisa
                            Lisa age 47
                            T curve 69 degrees
                            L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
                            fused to from T-3 to sacrum
                            anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
                            pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Your back looks fantastic!
                              Chris
                              A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                              Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                              Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                              Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Working...
                              X