How Long Do You Wear Your Brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Do You Wear Your Brace?

How long do you wear your brace? I wear mine about 18 hrs. a day.
    My Scoliosis
    My curves are 15 and 21.
    I wear a Boston Brace
    Don't think I am getting surgery
    http://scoliosisadmin.proboards79.com/index.cgi

My 14yo wears hers 20-23 hours/day. She usually wears it about 22 hours/day, but has occasional shorter days. She had an 18hour day on Friday. We had to be at the park for several hours and it was WAY TOO HOT for her to wear her brace there. That was the first day she'd ever had that was less than 20 hours.

She has only had it off for 20 minutes so far today and that was so the orthotist could replace the buckle that came off on Saturday. Even though her top buckle had come off, she still wore the brace until we could get it fixed. She'll have it off for about an hour later tonight when I take her to the gym for a workout.

Comment

I wear my brace about 22-23 hours a day. I am really supposed to wear it 23 hours a day and 20 hours at the least.. i try to wear it as most as possible..lets put it that way.. i barely never take by brace off for 4 or more hours accept for like 2 time when i went to a party...
      My name is Rotem
      I am 13 and in 7th grade
      Started with 2 curves:
      34º Therotical
      50º Lumber
      I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
      Got my 1st on Nov. '06
      Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
      Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
      and im still trying to get used to it
      Hoping I won't need surgery
      I live in South Florida
      3rd check on November 17,2007,
      Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
      30º Theoratical
      37º Lumber
      4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

I wear mine for about 22 hours a day but lately I have been forgetting to take it off so I wear it about 23 hours on average. ( I usually take it off at 7:00 PM and put it back on at 9:00 PM but if I delay it an hour I have to go to bed before I put it back on. )
        My name is Katie and I love to Dance especially Ballet. I am 14 years old and after 3 years of the Boston brace, I'm officially brace-free! Great holiday present if I do say so myself

Comment

Working...
        X