Back to Work??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Work??

I will be returning to work on July 9. I will be 5 months post-op which shouldn't be a problem, but I have an infection that went to the bone and I am taking Zyvox 600 mg and I am still in some pain from the infection and I am taking Oxycodone 10 mg and Hydrocodone 1/2 pill twice a dayand I am coming off slowing. I was suppose to go on IV durgs to treat this infection, but the first drug made me sick. The doctor said this is a strong drug and I don't need to take it in IV form. I am worried to go back to work, I have Access A Ride to take me from my house to in front of the building I work. (In downtown NY city) and have an understanding boss. Has anyone experienced returning to work while still on meds?

Sue

Hi Sue,

It seems like sometimes it never ends, and I hope you get you infection under control.

If you have a good understanding with your employer, I hope he/she will understand that your health is more important. If you feel like you would be jepordizing your healing process by returning to work, then don't do it. You've already been through a lot, and in my opinion you should let your body heal.

I guess I have this odd obsession with believing that things happen for a reason.

The owners of my last place of employement told me I could come in anytime any day, and just see how I felt. I tried once a month for 7 months to go back, and it just wasn't working for me.

Do what's best for you and your recovery, and that's only my opinion!!!

Shari

Comment

I hope I can do it, I am the main support of my family. My boss is a great guy and I am sure he will understand that I will be moving a little slower. I am thr senior executive secretary in my dept, I don't have any kind of heavy work load or stress and have a couple of secretaries in my dept that I can have help me. I will be getting Access A Ride to drive me to work and back (Access A Ride is a mini bus that drives disable or temp disable people to work, doctor's appointments, shopping etc). Thanks for your response.

Sue

Comment

Hi Sue,

It sounds like you have a great plan!!! Go for it, but don't push yourself too hard too fast. Delegate!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X