Scoliosis Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Camp

I think that scoliosis camp would be a great opportunity for all of us who have to deal with scoliosis, especially bracing. I know that our friends don't understand what we're going through, because no one can, unless they have had to deal with it. I know that I, like many other girls wearing a brace, often worry about how people are going to think, say, or act when they realize that we have scoliosis and wear a brace. I really hope that we can have a camp, because it would be a place where we could be ourselves and not have to worry about hiding our brace under piles of clothing or worrying about what others will think. A place where we can come together as scoli patients.. anyone agree?

Leave Any Thoughts Below... =]
    S...My name would be Lauren
    ..P...I was diagnosed with scoliosis in August of 2005
    ....I...Wore a Milwaukee brace from July of 2006 until April of 2007
    ..N...Now wearing a spinecor brace
    E...LOVE IT
    .C...T 42*
    ..O...I Love To Competitive Cheer!
    .R...I Try My Hardest To Live For Christ

I believe that Scoliosis doesn't show how weak we are, but truly how strong we are

Lauren...

I hope you get some responses. Please limit your posting of the same message to one or two threads in the future.

Thanks.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Summer Camp- Important!!!

Anyone Interested In This Summer Camp Program, Please Email Dr. Joe O'Brien. He Wants To Know How Much Interest There Is And By That He Will Know If He Should Open A Camp Or Not!! His Email Is: jpobrien@scoliosis.org!
      My name is Rotem
      I am 13 and in 7th grade
      Started with 2 curves:
      34º Therotical
      50º Lumber
      I currently wear a Cheneau Brace
      Got my 1st on Nov. '06
      Got my 2nd on Nov. '07
      Just got my 3rd one today (May7 '08)
      and im still trying to get used to it
      Hoping I won't need surgery
      I live in South Florida
      3rd check on November 17,2007,
      Got an X-ray done Feb. 5th, with EXCELLENT news!
      30º Theoratical
      37º Lumber
      4th check on May 7, 2008

Comment

i think a summer camp for scoliosis would be awwwesome. i think it would be greeeaaat to meet other kids with scoliosis, and also, i like to sleep with just my brace, so then it wouldnt be as akward as in other camps, but i think most of all it would be great to meet other people that are all in the same sort of situation...

i have a question though..... where abouts would the camp be?? like.... canada or america....
        HEYYYY!!
        I'm Esme
        I'm also rtremb's daughter
        T63+L64 degree curves getting surgery
        I also do ROLFING!!
        It's AWESOME
        YAY!!!

Comment

cool

that could be a good idea!

Comment

I know my daughter would LOVE to go to a camp like that. I know I would be happy to sign her up.

She has been to camp every year and due to the nature of the camps, we have let her get by with wearing her brace less than she was supposed to those weeks & only wearing it at night. It usually was somewhat of an issue.

Although at one of her Girl Scout camp, the conselors helped velcrod it for her the first night but the rest of the girls thought it was really cool and would fight over who's turn it was to fasten DD's brace at night.
            Becky
            Mom to DD (15) with S 48*+ curve
            Had her surgery March 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
            X