Early Pregnancy Hip Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Pregnancy Hip Pain

Hello! I am 24 years old and 11 1/2 weeks pregnant. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I started noticing hip pain. I had flown from GA to MI the day earlier, so I figured it was from sitting on the plane... but it's only gotten worse. Today it was so bad I could barely move- I couldn't bend over, cross my legs, and it hurt to sit, stand, and walk! I have my 12 week appt a week from today, so I'd like to wait to go to the doctor until then if I can!

The pain is only on my right side, directly to the right of my tailbone. I had problems with my sciatic nerve a few years ago, and I don't think it's that- the pain is different. I think it's a combination of pregnancy and scoliosis (I have three curves, and my hip is much lower on my right side than my left).

Have any of you had this problem? Any suggestions for the pain? Will it go away, or only get worse?

How many curves do you have and in which direction are going and how many degrees ?

Comment

It could just be from the hormone changes your body is going through. I had bad pain with my second daughter as she was pressing on a nerve. She finally shifted and it went away. Is this your first child? I would call the doctor's office and talk to them. Maybe you could have your checkup a few days early.
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

I suffered from right hip pain due to my scoliosis. I had a 55 degree thoracolumbar curve and a 45 degree thoracic compensatory curve. The pain went away immediately after my recent surgery. I'm sure the pain was due to my rotated spine.

The hip pain did get better however during each of my three pregnancies. Maybe the weight gain in the front of my body helped. I don't remember any increase in pain early on in the pregnancy.

I did have three c sections because the first two babies were breech. The spinal was a bit challenging because of the scoliosis and if you need a C section then I would ask for an attending doc to do the spinal.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you get some pain relief.

Jody
        surgery 5-31-07
        Dr. Wood, Mass General
        Fused T10-L4
        Had 55 degree curve now 6 degrees

Comment

Working...
        X