new to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to forum

hello everyone i'm waiting for a surgery date 4 dr. have told me i need surgery but all of them want to use blood i had surgery in 2003 on the upper part of my spine and lost little blood didnt need it all depend on the dr so my new dr is a bloodlees dr. my spine is 85degree curve when i had surgery in 2003 they caged my spine i have bars on eachside of my neck and i'm always in pain cant wait for surgery has anyone had bloodless surgery????
    Last edited by curve52; 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM.

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Hope you stick around. There are many people here and hopefully, you'll find someone who can relate to what you've experienced.

Take care,
    Brandi
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

thank you very much and how r u doing since surgery?
      Last edited by curve52; 06-21-2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Curve52, I replied to you on other thread...

you wrote on the thread i posted that had my x rays- I wrote you back, didnt see this post first, please write or send a private message if you need to... take care... love Lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

sorry lisa trying to get use to the forum how r u doing

Comment

Curve52, you're doing fine...

don't worry about being wrong or right using this forum- i have posted questions in the wrong category all together because i was jumping around looking for information and forgot to go back to this one, and ya know, i got good answers anyway! - I wish I could help on the bloodless surgery, but i had to have donor blood as well as donor bone and BMP on the second one (Posterior for thoracic). and I got weak and got 2 more pints after i left ICU. BUT... i pulled up and did pretty good after that...but keep asking, someone else is bound to have had the same experience. Hang in there... God Bless Lisa
            Lisa age 47
            T curve 69 degrees
            L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
            fused to from T-3 to sacrum
            anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
            pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Working...
            X