Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it's my turn....

Hi all --

Hubby and I are heading up to New York on Monday and I'm not going to be near a computer much this weekend so....thank you all for all the help, advice, humor, and sympathy you've all shared with me over the past year and a half. I feel calm and prepared.

We set up a blog site to track my progress: www.chrisupdate.com. It'll be general info only; I'm saving the gory details for the Forum !

Hope everyone has a great summer and I'll be back on-line just as soon as I can.

best to all,
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Chris- I have been thinking of you so much lately-I am so glad your long wait is almost over! You will do great- I am sure!! Please keep us posted- we will all be praying for you!
    Cathie

Comment

Chris---I'm there for you buddy! Hugs! Keep your focus on recovery & how much better you will be... Ly

Comment

Chris,

I'm happy for you that the big day is almost here. All your preparations will pay off - you are blessed to have so many family and friends who care about you and who will help you as you recover. I hope you regain as many inches in height as you dream of! You will be in my thoughts, especially on Tuesday.
        Janet
        As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Congratulations, Chris... You are on your way!

Comment

Chris,

I wanted to wish you all the best for a smooth uneventful surgery. You'll do great! Just keep singing and smiling

Canadian eh
            Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

chris, way to go!!!

we will be waiting for you to get back!!! and yes, we want details, hopefully you won't have many gory ones! Lisa
              Lisa age 47
              T curve 69 degrees
              L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
              fused to from T-3 to sacrum
              anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
              pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Good luck Chris!! I'll be thinking of you. You will do great. Can't wait to hear all the details.
                MishP
                38 y/o
                Diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 6 - Bracing didn't help
                Brace off at age 12
                Saw Chiropractor/massage therapist
                Pre-op
                Upper Curve - 115 degrees
                Lower Curve - 85 degrees
                9/18/07 Anterior/posterior surgery w/Dr. Boachie-Adjei
                Fused T2-L3
                Not sure of post-op correction

Comment

Chris,

You are in my prayers tonight. We can't wait to hear from you again.
                  Melissa
                  From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                  Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Chris,

Good Luck with your surgery and hope you have a sucessful op and quick recovery. Soon you'll be one of us post op people!!!!!

Can't wait to hear from you!

Lee
                    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Chris,

Best wishes for a successful, uncomplicated surgery and recovery - may you fuse quickly and with minimal discomfort! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Renee

Comment

Hey,

Wanted to wish you all the best. My surgery is the day before yours so we'll be recovering at the same time. Take care
                        Nadia
                        I'm 19
                        Diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 16
                        Curves as of June 2006: 48T & 40L
                        Curves as of June 2007: 52T & 43L
                        Surgery date: June 18, 2007
                        "A smile is a curve that can straighten out anything"

Comment

The very best of luck to you!! Will be waiting to hear how all goes!!

Ann
                          Last edited by Houston Curves; 06-27-2007, 10:54 AM.
                          44 year old female
                          Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
                          Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
                          Posterior Only, 9 hours
                          Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
                          Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

This will sound hokey, but every time someone from the forum goes in for surgery, it's like one of my sisters is having surgery.

Chris, I know you won't see this for a while, but know that we are all thinking of you, pulling for you (and some of us are praying for you, as well ) My thoughts are with you and your family and I can't wait to read the updates. Here's to a new you!

Brandi
                            Brandi
                            Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
                            Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
                            L1-S1
                            Dr. William Lauerman
                            Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
                            Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
                            http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Chris,

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! I'm looking forward to hearing from you during your recovery and am sure that it will go wonderfully!

Lesly

Comment

Working...
                              X