UPDATE - 4 months post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE - 4 months post op

First, I have to apologize for not posting sooner. To be honest I was a bit shocked by news we had just a couple of days before my op, and I avoided the forum for a while...
    Although I didn't post too much before the op, I benefitted greatly from reading about the experience of others.
    So what can I tell you? Basically, I'm extremely happy with the results and have absolutely no regrets about having it done. I went from 80° to 23° ( they estimated a 50% correction) and gained 5 cms (fusion T3 - L5). I followed my surgeon's instructions to the letter, which meant doing VERY LITTLE for the first 3 months. I wore a plastic moulded corset (when I was not lying down) for 2 mths after, mostly for protection. It's a long process, but worth it. I stopped taking painkillers systematically after about 6 weeks. I drove yesterday for the first time, to mark my 4 mths. I'm 48 now, as I had a birthday 2 days after my op ( which I don't think I'll count as I don't remember much about it!), and am looking forward to a straight-backed future. ..Don't hesitate if you have specific questions...
    48 yr old female. 80° thoracolumber curve. Surgery Feb 14 2007. Fused T3 - L5. Correction to 23°. Happy!

Mouna...so happy to see your post. You had me worried. I'm thrilled for you that you had a successful surgery and great outcome. You are blessed. Best wishes for continued good healing and recovery.

Chris

Comment

Thanks, Chris. Sorry it took so long!
      48 yr old female. 80° thoracolumber curve. Surgery Feb 14 2007. Fused T3 - L5. Correction to 23°. Happy!

Comment

Congrats on a successful surgery! Welcome back!
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Mouna,

Welcome back!!! First of all congtratulations on you great recovery so far, and keep up the good progress!!!

Second, never apoligize for silence. We all can understand your fears and concerns at the time. Sometime things are better unsaid!!!

Welcome back again,
          Shari

Comment

Working...
          X