Six months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six months

Had my six month check-up on Friday and the doctor was thrilled with my healing. X-ray's showed everything right on target and looking good. I am now released to travel and do almost anything I want except heavy housework (yeah!!). He said the next six months will be so much better and the healing will happen much faster than the last six. I am going back to rehab (aqua and land) for my hip but that will be a good thing. Still no bending at the waist. Can you ever bend at the waist again anyway???? I am excited to be where I am in my journey. I told him that he had changed my life and he said that is why he does what he does. Knowing him I know that is true. He said that was his gift to me. Really a great man. For those who are using Doctor Shelokov they understand what I am saying. I am so blessed to have a mighty God, a super doctor and praying friends.
    Linda G.

He's my doctor too Linda, and I know what you mean. I don't just respect him, I really like him too. So, I know exactly what you mean. Please, send me a PM to let me know what the 4 months pre-op were like with his office. I am at 4 months out right now and nervous. Thanks!!

Ann
    44 year old female
    Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
    Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
    Posterior Only, 9 hours
    Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
    Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Hi Linda G.,

It's so great to hear you having such an upbeat attitude about your recovery, because we all know it hasn't been exactly easy. But having faith in your Doctor, prayers and a loving support system around you helps a lot!!!

Keep up the great attitude, you may still have bad days ahead, but you now know that the good days come too!!!

I think you're doing great!!! What a pleasure to hear your comments!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
      X