Post op bracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post op bracing

I talked to the 'brace lady' today. Ugh, sounds like a freaking nightmare. She sent me a a picture of the type of brace i'll be wearing. GOODNESS. Gross. Nothing sexy about that brace at all.

anyway, anyone have any bracing stories?
    Sonia
    58*
    Surgery 6/29/07
    T3-L4

Hi Sonia,

I had a brace story that I shared here, but it was about a year ago. Look back through my old posts if you want to. It's kind of funny in a way, but I also tell about the mistakes I made.

Shari

Comment

Brace

The brace - did you know that the turtle shell comes in different colors. I did not want the off-white one like I had in high school (Boston Brace). I ended up with a really cool one - light lavender butterflies all over it. It is the most talked about brace! The brace has been a great comfort to me. I am in and out of it. I like to wear it when I am out for my walks and 50% of the time around the house. It reminds me not bend and twist as I heal and begin to take more risks.

Kari

Fused May 14th T-4-L-3

Comment

I wish I had butterflies on my brace. I have the same turtle shell brace but with molded breasts. They called me Wonder Woman in the hospital. My son think I look like I am a Star Wars Stormtrooper. My friend Linda is going to have the first part of her scoliosis surgery tomorrow. She has some great ideas for using our braces for Halloween costumes!
        surgery 5-31-07
        Dr. Wood, Mass General
        Fused T10-L4
        Had 55 degree curve now 6 degrees

Comment

Working...
        X