Wedge Pillow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedge Pillow

My mom came home from the hospital yesterday and we're wanting to know if anyone knows where to buy a wedged pillow so she can sit up a little more and watch tv. The chairs in the house are not comfortable for her and she would like to sit up a bit. Any suggestions?

Katy
    Patty 51 years old
    Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
    Posterior T3- L4
    Pre surgery curves
    T-53degrees
    L-38degrees
    and a severe side shift to the right.
    Post surgery curves
    Less than 10 degrees
    Surgery April, 2006
    C4 - C6

Hi Katy,

I had one of the wedge pillows and hated it! I had better luck stacking pillows behind me. The wedge was so firm and not tall enough anyway. I found I was able to be at different inclines with the flexability of 3 pillows in different sizes and firmness to stack at different angles. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Comment

We bought the wedge pillow at a medical supply store. I did not find it that good for me, but you never know, everyone's different. We had also bought one of those armchair looking things at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It didn't work for me either. Plain old pillows worked best, varied types of stuffing and some of the dog bone pillows for your neck, and some of the "Squishy" pillows in different sizes.
      Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
      Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
      Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
      Fused T2 to sacrum
      June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

I purchased a wedge pillow from a medical supply store as well. I hated it. It just felt like I was sliding down it, pulling on my incision. Various pillow sizes worked best for me, because I was able to interchange them when ever I needed a change of position. Everyone is different... I would look for a medical supply store near you.

Comment

Working...
        X