Swelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swelling

A few days after my surgery I was swollen ( a lot) from my legs down and it didn't go away from about a month, my doctor couldn't find a reason whey I was so swollen for so long. It finally went away, but for the last two days I have swollen ankles, no pain.. Has anyone had this problem or know any reason for this to happen?.
    I am almost 4 months post-op.

Sue

Hi Sue...

I've known others who had swelling in their legs and feet after surgery, and I don't think any of them ever got a definitive diagnosis. I think that if the swelling is in one leg and not the other, that's reason to be concerned. Even if it's even, it's probably not a bad idea to report it to your primary care physician.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Sue,

I was so swollen after my surgery, from my waist down. It hurt like hell.

The swelling around my abdomen slowly went down.

I had a friend that is an older women from Thialand, and every week she came to the house and she started with my feet and worked her way up my calves, just rubbing them gently. Every week the sweeling became less and less, then gone. Don't know why or how, but it worked for me.

Shari

Comment

Working...
      X