some hair loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some hair loss

I was wondering if anyone has experienced hair loss especially after washing it. I am almost 4 months post op, I don't have bald spots but it annoying. I always have hair hanging off my clothes and it's all over the house.

Sue

Hi Sue...

I think hair loss after anesthesia is relatively common.

Also, (and I don't know if you're of this age), a big illness about 5 years ago threw me into menopause, and I haven't stopped losing hair since.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

You naturally lose hair every 6 months (spring and fall shedding). Every time I have had surgery, I have greater than normal hair loss for about 6 months. then I go back to my normal twice a year heavy shedding!
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Yes, I too am having lots of hair loss, 2 months post op. But I remember two other surgeries and the same thing happened and then it stopped, so I'm not too worried. It is that anethesia and maybe the pain meds after too?
        Berta in Hawaii

Comment

Thanks.
          I am almost 4 months post op and thinking of getting my hair highlighted and cut, but worried I won't be able to lean back into the sink. I am fused from T4 to L4. Has anyone had problems with the hair salon sink?

Sue

Comment

Hi Sue,
            Take a pillow with you to fill in the gap between your back and the back of the chair. I also used it to sit in the chair to get my hair cut because the back was too hard. It worked great! That way you can enjoy the pampering.
            Best wishes.

Comment

Hi Sue,

I think about 2 or 3 months after my surgery, I started to lose a lot of hair.

It scared the crap out of me until many people told me it was normal. It had since grown back.

I would wash my hair before I would go to the shop and my stylist would just have to spray it wet so I didn't have to worry about dealing with their sinks.

Now the place I go to has sinks that move to my neck level, so I just sit up staight in the chair and she washes my hair. Love it!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
              X