Connetive Tissuse Disorder/ Ehlers-Danlos/ Bone Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connetive Tissuse Disorder/ Ehlers-Danlos/ Bone Fusion

I was wondering if anybody had scoliosis as a result of a Ehlers-Danlos or any other connective tissuse disorder?

My scoliosis is a result of Ehlers-Danlos, and my curve is rapidly increasing. My surgery is scheduled for June 5th, however my surgeon has expressed some concern with my condition. He's afraid of the bone not fusing or the wound not healing. Even those of you who don't had EDS, I was wondering if anyone had problems w/ bone fusion and/or wound healing.

yes, Loren...

Loren, i was thinking i was surely the only one with EDS- I am healing just fine, my doctor was worried about bleeding, poor healing, etc, as so many have that problem. I am blessed to have a great healing ability and hope you do too. Most doctors have not dealt with EDS, but my doctor said he has seen two patients have some bleeding problems, but it did not get critical. I'll try to send you a private message, too, Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

I had surgery June 5th, and everything went perfectly. I didn't have any significant bleeding, and my incision is healing just fine. The surgeon was well aware of my condition, so he was extra carefull with everything he did. I'm still a little worried about bone fusion though.

Comment

Thank God !!

How excellent your healing is going, I bet your bones heal as good as the incision- my sister was just diagnosed with ED and Reynauds syndrome, BUT, she has the wonderful ability to surgically heal, too. thanks for the good news... lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Working...
        X