Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leelee85 op

Dear Lee

I know your surgery is May 28th, I don't know if you will check in on the forum because you'll have lots of things on your mind before the surgery but I'll be thinking of you.
    I wish you a successful outcome and speedy recovery and don't slip out of bed in those satin pyjamas.

Paula
    Paula
    Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
    Sydney Australia
    58 years old

Thanks Paula

Hey.....

Thanks Paula i didn't think people would remember my date. I was actually gonna do a post saying thanks for everyones support and stories, without this forum who knows what state i'd be in.

I'm actually doing pretty well for someone who's surgery is in 3 days......

But i do thank all you guys from the bottom of my heart for giving me a positive attitude on my upcoming surgery. I go into hospital sunday @ 4pm and my surgery is Monday 8am so i think i might have some happy juices before hand as i think i will need them.

Anyway guys im off need to sleep. When im up to it i will check in to let you all know about my successful operation.

Take Care,

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Lee,

You are in my prayers. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well right before surgery. Here's to a successful surgery and recovery.

Best,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Lee:

You're in my thoughts and prayers. It's great to see that you're going into the surgery with a good attitude. I really think that is going to be an essential element of getting through this whole thing and recovering more quickly. Good luck and I am sending my very best thoughts your way!!!

Ann
        44 year old female
        Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
        Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
        Posterior Only, 9 hours
        Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
        Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Hi Lee, sorry I didn't get to write again before you went into hosp but just to let you know I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping all goes well for you. Hope to hear from you soon
          Gen
          Gen, aged 49
          Thoracic curve approx 64*
          Surgery starts 25 June (anterior), posterior 2 wks later (T5 - L1)
          Surgeon: Peter Turner

Comment

Hi Lee,

Sorry I'm a day late, but when you get back here, I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughs and prayers also.

Hope all went well!!!

Shari

Comment

I just spoke to a woman called Sue who visited Lee yesterday. Lee had surgery five days ago. I don't have much info as Lee was quite drowsy but doing fine, got up, walking etc.

Hope to hear more from Lee herself soon!
              Gen
              Gen, aged 49
              Thoracic curve approx 64*
              Surgery starts 25 June (anterior), posterior 2 wks later (T5 - L1)
              Surgeon: Peter Turner

Comment

Thanks for the update, Gen.
                I am glad to hear she is up and moving!

Comment

Thanks for the news, Gen. That must have been Susan Willis from the Scoliosis Association in Melbourne. Can't wait to hear about Lee's progress when she's home.
                  Paula
                  Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
                  Sydney Australia
                  58 years old

Comment

Hey All

Just wondering how Lee's going. I havent been able to add a reply to this as i've been kinda busy the last few days. If someone can keep me posted it would be great. I'll be keeping a few people posted about my appointment next Wednesday, as I'm hoping to find out whats happening with my operation.

Take it easy all

Jacinta
                    2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

Working...
                    X